• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

short battery life

I for the rezound about 3 weeks ago and I love every thing about it except one thing, the battery life

I charge it every night and takee it off at 7. I listen to 40min of music and play games for about an hour(40 minutes was while I was listening to music) I also checked social networks occasionally .28% .

When i went to the Verizon store they just said that that is the normal battery life.

I have 30% screen brightness with BT,WiFi turned off. Also when I check what's eating the battery, it is the display. Once the battery is around 15% it reads 1 hour 40 minutes on time

I for the rezound about 3 weeks ago and I love every thing about it except one thing, the battery life

I charge it every night and takee it off at 7. I listen to 40min of music and play games for about an hour(40 minutes was while I was listening to music) I also checked social networks occasionally .28% .

When i went to the Verizon store they just said that that is the normal battery life.

I have 30% screen brightness with BT,WiFi turned off. Also when I check what's eating the battery, it is the display. Once the battery is around 15% it reads 1 hour 40 minutes on time

Hate to burst your bubble, but that's about normal. I get about 2 hours of screen on time with my Galaxy Nexus. Wife gets about the same with her Rezound. With these dual-core, large screen phones, you aren't going to get much better. I suggest the extended battery from Verizon. Should increase that time by 40-50%

Upvote 0
why are these phones not lasting as long as they claim, its said that we have to dim the display, use wifi, don"t do what the phone is meant to do , these manufacturers/ providers just want us to use wifi as much as possible and not their data, but still pay the data bill,

They need to step up and make these phones work the way they should, Its like buying a Ferrari but then you'll have to dive it at 25 mph all the time, makes no sense to me

Upvote 0
Doesn't wifi use just as much if not more battery than 4G?

I don't think using wifi is a huge battery saver. It's the screen time that opens the flood gates on the battery reserve. I listen to music via bt all day every day... basically a 12 hour slot. That does not kill my battery though it's pretty much drained by the end of that use. If I spend half of my lunch reading these forums... like I do most daily... I will have to do a charge between jobs to make it through the day. Certainly the browser with 4G uses my battery.. but I think the display for that thirty minutes is the huge killer.

Upvote 0
Having the display on just destroys battery life. I text a lot and if I'm slow at work my phone is dead by 10:30-11:30 when I get to work at around 7 (up at 5:30 or so) but the other day I was real busy at work and only slow at noon for a bit then busy again my phone lasted my whole work day.

I just slap the extended battery on it when I'm going to be out of the office for a long period of time, I might even pick up another standard battery or two because I prefer my phone with the otter box case.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones