1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

shortcut to shut down app

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by marden, Feb 15, 2011.

1. marden

marden Well-Known Member

is there a way to shut down an app an easier way than pressing the back button several times until you getout of the app? i know the homebutton will get me to desktop, but its still running in the background then

2. weaselaow

weaselaow Member

Some appkiller or task manager
    BUt u not need that for andorid, they close when they need
    U need manule close in 1% case

3. Rootmepls

Rootmepls Android Enthusiast

Home leaves it running in bg and the back button to the right of it is the default off. Just hit back till you are on the home screen again it will be off in most cases.

4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

That depends on the app. If the app is truly running in the background -- most likely because it is set to either poll or update data automatically, then it will simply restart if you close it. Otherwise, it's not really running (using CPU cycles) and is just saved in state until a.) you relaunch the app or b.) you launch enough other apps or services that the particular memory location is needed and the Android OS dumps it to make room.

In either case, no user intervention is warranted.

FYI, using a task killer is a bad idea.

5. Rootmepls

Rootmepls Android Enthusiast

I know I have a battery monitor that I have to kill with task manager for one.

6. lfnaves

lfnaves Lurker

Well shortcut isn't bit you can hold home and it will display the curently runing programs if you select one you can fast switch to that app
    If you drag it to the right it will close it