1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support shortcuts on home wont stick

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kcerica, Mar 28, 2011.

1. kcerica

kcerica Member
    None

Dec 20, 2010
    All of my apps on main home screen got deleted somehow so when I try to stick them back on by opening the app box and holding the app down until u can drag to home to make shortcut isn't working cuz they wont stick so I have to do it through add to homepage menu when u hold down finger on home but even when I do it that way i can't move them to the spot I want it cuz it disappears or deletes like when u throw it away but the garbage doesn't turn red or anything. I don't think I've installed any apps since this started happening & Idk about updates cuz it does auto updates so if I new how to undo last update I could try that. If anyone has any ideas how to fix my disappearing shortcuts please let me no

Advertisement

2. Ez Duzit

Ez Duzit Member
    None

Jan 20, 2011
    So Cal
    I have the same problem on my home screen with shortcuts. If I try and move them they disappear as soon as I remove my finger. Then they will mysteriously appear in a folder on a different screen. But with my phone this only happens in 2 spots on my home page. So here's the work around I came up with that works for me.
    #1 Only move shortcuts to spots on the phone that the problem doesn't effect.
    #2 If you want a shortcut in one of the problem spots, you must create the shortcut on that particular spot. You can't just create it and then move it where you want it because it will disappear. So long press your finger on the exact spot you want the shortcut. When the menu pops up choose the shortcut you want and it should stick. But don't try and move it away and then move it back again because then it will disappear.

Yeah its a pita but this way you can at least set up your screen the way you want. You just can't move things around very easily.

Hope this helps.

Ez

3. Ivy547

Ivy547 Newbie
    None

Mar 18, 2011
    ST Monitor
    Connecticut
    I've had that happen in my screen too. Usually rebooting will make it go away for a while. Have you tried that?

4. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Android Expert

Jan 18, 2011
    I had those problems and then found Launcher Pro Free -- it cures all the woes you’re having with the stock launcher, and adds a bunch of extra options.