• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Should be better!

mlc331

Nov 21, 2009
many of you have seen my posts. And Having the S3, going back to my 4s and now having my 5... I'm posting out of frustration.

Long story short... and told again, went back to iphone now owning the 5.

This is NOT a comparo-post.

During all this, and my honest attempt at the S3, my wife kept her S3 and actually liked it better. Jump ahead to last Thursday.

Her S3 while typing an email just went blank and locked her out. She couldn't restart it with the power button, nor could she get anything to reset. When I got home, I pulled the battery and bam... Came back to life upon replacement. I had hoped it was just a fluke. It's happened 3 times since. the last application she downloaded was 3 weeks ago and long before the shut downs began to occur. At most, she has wallpaper and ringtone apps.

I took it to Verizon today, in it's locked condition. They said they had no idea and that everything looked fine. They couldn't get it to come on without a batt pull. They ordered her a new phone and we have to wait 5 days.

here is the frustration. I've had 5 different Android based phones not including the S3. this has always been the problem. Lockups, batt pulls, potential harmful garbage in apps... It really just pisses me off. Now it's my job to get my wife back up and running on the S3 when it comes in. she's got to go get all her apps again, and who knows, the phone could do it again or have other problems as it's probably going to be a reconditioned phone. she's had the phone for exactly 5 weeks.

I've been on this Android rollercoaster for several years until I went iOS. Surely, this would have gotten better over time. I'm sure that I'll get flamed for this post, and everybody will say that "my phone is fine and it's never happened" I CALL BS! We can't be this unlucky with Android. No, we don't have any big power lines around our house and we don't have ghosts runningn loose in our home :rolleyes:

Guess we'll see what happens with the next phone. PISSED OFF!

I sincerely hope you have better luck with the replacement. Personally, I don't have a dog in the iOS android fight. Having both available is good for the consumer. I've never had any problems with my android phones that weren't caused by a disagreeable app or by my own tinkering, but I know it can happen. There are a lot of friendly people on these forums who would be glad to help you out if you run into more problems. Good luck!

Upvote 0
Yea I've owned 4 android phones and never had a bad one that had those problems. Its just the way things are in manufacturing. People get iphones that dont get service or that have lint under the screen or camera. There are going to be problems which ever phone you get, but I do find it odd you had 5 android phones that all had problems.

Edit: people are also having touch responsiveness problems on the new iphone, and interference lines across the keyboard too.

Upvote 0
Agreed with CrimsonPride. I've had iDevices and Android devices. I've had lockups, upgrade issues, build issues, hardware failure, etc with Apple iOS devices. I've had lockups and build issues with some Android devices. Personally, the S3 is the best device I've ever owned. So far for me, this phone has been near flawless and is a pleasure to use. The only complaint I have is that when I sync my playlists which worked on my old Android phone, they do not work with this phone. It could be my media software on my PC which I'll work on researching more when I have time but other than that one thing, I really like this device. I also enjoy freedom from iTunes (can't stand that POS, sorry) and the ability to be able to put and get anything I want from the device. I just couldn't imagine going back to such a closed and locked down device like Apple makes theirs.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones