1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Should i be worried?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by darkworld260, Feb 13, 2011.

1. darkworld260

darkworld260 Well-Known Member

ok so i have had this problem twice now and that's enough times to get me to wonder if i should be worried??? It has happened twice on 2 different roms.

So heres my problem, i will let my phone do the auto lock where if it isnt touched or anything, the screen automatically turns off. Well twice now, about a week apart (or less) the screen did that, but when i went to turn it back on by pressing the power button. My phone didn't do anything. I tried pushing the power button, holding it, i tried everything to get it to come back on and nothing i also tried plugging it in and no charge light. The only way to get it to work again is to take out the battery and put it back in. Once i let it reboot it works just fine again as if their are no problems. So i don't know if this is something that comes with rooting or if it could turn into something serious.

Now this doesn't happen EVERY time the screen auto shuts off, its only happened twice. Should i be worried? The roms it did it on were cyanogenmod 6.1.2 and miui 1.2.4. As for kernel i never put one on so no need to worry about that.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Xtremedays

Xtremedays Android Expert

Do you every shut off your phone and reboot it or does it stay on all the time and just get charged?

3. frenchy714

frenchy714 Android Expert

I wonder if this would happen to you while running a Sense based ROM.

4. darkworld260

shut off and reboot it all the time

5. Drew5150

Drew5150 Android Expert

could be a bad install as well. or erratic power button. I've had some weird things happen that I could have sworn my phone was bad, then I re-flashed the rom and all was good.

when this happens try calling your phone and answering it to see if you can wake it that way. not sure what this will prove but it would be interesting to see what happens.

6. darkworld260

Now thats an idea! But my phone also wont charge when it does it to so thats how i know its not the power button

7. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Extreme Android User

On the the two different roms....were you using the same kernel or different kernels. It could just be a fluke. I would keep a close eye on it.

8. darkworld260

yes i am and i never put a kernel on any of the roms so clean install of each rom and no install of any kernel. Im just wondering if i should unroot just to be safe or if i should just see if it happens again... hopefully thought if it turns out to be a problem it wont be to late to unroot.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews