1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Should I buy: HTC One Sprint (used)

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by cannon11, Aug 3, 2013.

1. cannon11

cannon11 Well-Known Member

Someone on craigslist is selling there htc one on sprint for 300$. He used it for a month but has to switch back to us cellular. He has the box and everything and a cheap case. He was asking 300 but I got him down to 250$
    9.5 out of 10 condition.
    Is this a really good deal, should I go for it? I know off contract these phones go for like 600$. I plan on using it on a carrier that uses sprints network that lets you bring your own phone.
    I know its probably a good deal, 250$ just seems like alot to pay for a phone, I'm just thinking off what I could all buy for 250$...
    Anyway, Is this a really good deal?
    I'm not going to get it unless it is a REALLY good deal, because It's over an hour drive away
    need quick opinions, thank you :D

Advertisement

2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Generally, if its too good to be true it is.

This sounds just like that. I would be cautious

3. Enroll

Enroll Android Enthusiast

I recommend to check the esn on the spot and to have a buddy on the side, with someone recording everything from a safe distance because this is too good to be true.

4. cannon11

Why record everything? So I can turn him into the cops? lol

5. marctronixx

moved to lounge

6. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=

Hello Cannon. You take a bit of a chance on 2nd party purchases, but many do and are happy they did.

I'd have a close look at it, play with it and then decide. ;) Price seems good for an HTC One. But you can get one for $99 if you switch to Sprint from another carrier. $199 otherwise.

http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop/phone_details.jsp?deviceSKUId=72600105&isDeeplinked=true

ocnbrze and Rush like this.
  7. bjacks12

bjacks12 Android Expert

I'm guessing you are going prepaid. Boost? Virgin Mobile?

I hope you've checked your coverage, Sprint's post-paid coverage is bad enough.....their pre-paid is terrible. I've got friends on VM here that complain about the terrible data signals. Even my buddy on Sprint postpaid only gets 3G here while AT&T and VZW both have 4G.

It depends on your area, but I would make sure that the prepaid coverage is sufficient in your area. If it is, $250 seems like a great deal considering what you'll save over the life of a 2 year contract.

ocnbrze and Rush like this.
  8. cannon11

I even got him to go down to 220$. It really seems real to me.. he gave me the esn and I checked it, it just said it was activated, not bad or anything, Because he was going to keep it active until I came. He wants me to meet him right at the sprint store, so I don't think ESN is a problem.. He sent me pictures of the phone and box.. Everything looks great.
    The drive is over an hour but if it turns out good it will be worth it. I think he may just be somewhat well off and just wants it to go to a good home and doesn't care about the money that much, at least thats what I hope... :)
    He's still a teen and his mom is driving him to the sprint store so to me that also adds a little credability. Anyway, wish me luck!

9. general eclect

general eclect Android Expert

Good luck with that...

10. DirtyDee

DirtyDee Android Expert

good luck man

11. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

the other thing is to make sure that the phone has a clean esn. the best thing to do is meet at a sprint store and have them verify everything is in the up and up.

edit: merged threads together.

12. cannon11

I just bouught an HTC one off if craigist for 200$! Mint condition came with everything. I am typing this with it. The kid who sold it to me was really nice and he even met me at the sprint store so I was sure the san was clear. I have not activated it yet but the sptrint clerk said is have no problem. Amazing deal!! Amazing phone! :)

ocnbrze likes this.
  13. MoodyBlues

MoodyBlues Choose compassion over cruelty
    VIP Member

I wondered how this was going to turn out. Thanks for sharing the great result! :)

ocnbrze likes this.
  14. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Quite the steal!

The entrepreneur in me would be tempted to flip it ;)

ocnbrze likes this.
  15. cannon11

I think I like it too much :) and after he was so fair to me I don't think I could sell it for a profit

ocnbrze and Rxpert83 like this.