Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by stappern, Jun 22, 2010.
just sold my galaxy i7500 and know im looking for a droid, i can get it for 300
1. If I were you I'd way for the Droid 2. It's only a slight upgrade but it makes a lot of improvements where the Droid is weak.
2. The Droid CPU can usually be overclocked to at least 1ghz
3. The keyboard varies phone to phone. I also have big hands (and fat thumbs) . I use the keyboard a lot but I still have trouble hitting two keys at once sometimes.
4. Froyo is not officially available for Droid yet but if you root you can get it.
Are you going to be use this phone on a CDMA network or are you talking about the Milestone? If you are buying a Droid, it will not work on GSM. If you're talking about a Milestone, I don't think the ROMs designed for the Droid will be compatible. If you are talking about a Droid and you are going to use it on a CDMA network other than Verizon, I'm not sure whether the baseband software will work for you.
1. I would wait, but the Droid is a great phone. Do you need a Keyboard?
2. I've seen up to 1300mhz but I keep mine at 1100 max. Some phones can go higher than others.
3.Keyboard is not that great. I fine the on screen keyboard very easy to use though. Big hands is an argument for waiting for Doid 2.
4. Froyo is available for rooted Droid. Check out the "All things root" link at the top of the forum.
5. It is built like a tank. I have dropped mine 30 times and it has not been damaged except external scratches. I use a thin Seidio case.
Maybe he is referring to the European version, the Milestone. Which has not been rooted by the way.
yea im talking about the milestone
it cant be rooted???? are u sure?
This forum might be more helpful.
All Things Root (Milestone) - Android Forums
Any ROM advice we can give you won't apply to the Milestone. While it is similar hardware wise, the difference in radio hardware is significant.
ok guys im sorry i guessed they were the same phone
Seems like it was rooted last month. My mistake.