• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Should I buy nexus 10

Heartnet

Lurker
Feb 12, 2014
Hi I want a tablet for mainly watching Full HD movies and anime.I have searched for the best and found Nexus 10.I have read about ram problem.But I don't care about it because I want it only for watching.So I would like to ask: are there heat problems? especially when I use it for long period like 7 hours? Do it has google play? what about the storage?I heard that I can't have sd card for it.but I can use hdd with it. is that true? And is there any problems that can affect watching?

are there heat problems? especially when I use it for long period like 7 hours?
No heat problems for long period use.

Do it has google play?
Yes.

what about the storage?
Available with 16GB or 32GB internal storage.

I heard that I can't have sd card for it.
That is correct -- the unit does not have a slot for expandable memory cards.

but I can use hdd with it. is that true?
You will need:
1. OTG cable -- it is a microUSB to USB 2.0 adapter
2. Nexus Media Importer app -- allows you to stream and transfer music, video, photos and documents from a USB flash drive or card reader connected to your Nexus 10.
3. powered HDD -- Nexus 10 does not provide enough power to run an external HDD.

And is there any problems that can affect watching?
No.

Reactions: Heartnet
Upvote 0
This is an OTG cable... they are fairly cheap and readily available.
41gqWWmZ0FL.jpg

You could load files / movies onto a memory stick and then access the files through this cable... or plug your powered HDD to it in order to retrieve your files .

Reactions: Heartnet
Upvote 0
I read a rumor that HTC may be making the new Nexus 10 and come loaded with lollipop. I don't remember where I read it. Anyone else hear about this? Unless it blows this one away I'm keeping what I got.

Anything you read about the nexus 10 is nothing but the rumor mill.

The manufacturer in the rumors has changed from month to month, but in the end we still don't know a thing :rolleyes:

We also don't know when the next android version will come out, what its number will be, or what it will be called.

Best guesses are at I/O this summer, but that's it

Upvote 0
At this point, the N10 is almost 2 years old.

With all the rumors and not knowing what is coming out from Google, I'll probably just buy the Nexus 8.9 or 10 (2014). Whichever is actually released if either is released.

In the meantime, I'll keep using my N7 2013

Well, a year and 5 months but yeah I get your point. I don't think there will be another 10.1 version. 8 seems to be the big seller and what people are gravitating towards nowadays. The Nexus 10 is still the best tablet in it's price range, in Switzerland they just dropped to 200.00. What else is out there for that, Tab 3 10.1, yeah, no thank you, I had one and it's is an utter piece of crap.

Upvote 0
I own the 8 and bought and returned the 10. Hate the form factor on the big pad. Awkward to hold and operate. Had to go with the ipad air for web browsing and general use. Hate iOS but hate the 10s form factor more.

I honestly can't wait to see if the HTC Flounder is an eight inch tablet

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones