1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Should i buy the arc

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ukjets, Apr 15, 2011.

1. ukjets

ukjets Member
    None

Mar 31, 2010
    Male
    Irchester,England
    I am looking to buy a new phone simfree and the arc has caught my eye, the trouble is i don't know whether to go for the arc or wait for one of the dual core phones such as the samsung galaxys x2 or the htc sensation.

I have read that the arc has decent camera which i would be very happy with.But if i buy the arc will it be out of date in a few months,with all the dual core phones coming out.

I have also read that at the moment it is a waist of money buying a dual core phone, because there is'nt anything out to support it, so for that matter do i really need to go for the extra expence of a dual core phone.

Advertisement

2. zafonic

zafonic Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 31, 2010
    England
    Well coming from a Desire myself, I must say how happy I am with the Arc. It has exceeded my expectations and then some. The screen is gorgeous, and certainly a noticeable improvement comparing it to the Desire. It is very speedy, feels very comfortable to hold, and does not feel or look that much bigger than the Desire.

Its really up to you wether you go for a single or duo core device...it depends on what primaraly you would be using the phone for....i am not big into gaming apart from playing angry birds once in a while. Of course there will be faster phones that will beable to multi task with considerable ease. All I can tell you is from my experience is the Arc is very good at what it does, and and overall is a solid performer.

Hope this helps.

Any more questions dont hestitate to ask.

3. stu1978

stu1978 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 22, 2011
    Got my Arc a couple of days ago, great phone!

4. ukjets

ukjets Member
    None

Mar 31, 2010
    Male
    Irchester,England
    Like you i only really play crazy birds and the odd game of snakes, and i suppose, how fast do you really need a phone to be, the desire seems plenty fast enogh to me.

What i would like to know is your opinion of the camera on the arc, please.

thanks

5. zafonic

zafonic Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 31, 2010
    England
    Not much of an expert when it comes to photography, but I have to say what photos I have taken I have been impressed with. I must add, so far I have only taken images at daytime, so can't comment about night shots.

ukjets likes this.
  6. stu1978

stu1978 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 22, 2011
    Cam is pretty good, even when light isnt that great. Video recording is also pretty decent.

@ukjets - have you tried connecting the phone to your TV through the HDMI cable to play Angry Birds!

ukjets likes this.
  7. ukjets

ukjets Member
    None

Mar 31, 2010
    Male
    Irchester,England
    No stu because i only have the htc desire at the moment,i was just trying to find out what people thought of the arc before i buy it.

I have noticed there isnt a lot of posts in the arc section so hopefully that means not much goes wrong with them,i think i will buy one.

8. Brumbjorn

Brumbjorn Member
    None

Jul 24, 2010
    The camera is excellent for indors pubshots, and that is all that matters. :)

ukjets likes this.
  9. kenthandsfree

kenthandsfree Member
    None

Jun 13, 2010
    Only had mine for a week and i love it.
    Super fast with no lag.
    I upgraded from the x10 xperia (lots of people hated it but i got on okay) which i liked but this blows it out of the water.
    I've also switched service providers from vodafone to three as i have no 3g on voda where i live and it really compliments the handset in terms of speed.
    Just my thoughts but I'd recommend it.
    As for dual core, I'd say let it settle then take the plunge, you don't want to be stuck with a donkey!

ukjets likes this.
  10. daveybaby

daveybaby Android Expert
    None

Sep 21, 2009
    Software engineer
    UK
    Just got mine today, it is a thing of beauty. Screen is amazing, camera is great. Doesnt really feel any faster than a desire, but it's light years ahead of my hero.

Only thing missing (for now) is root access.

11. lekky

lekky Lover
    None

I picked the 2X. It is a fantastic phone, and it is faster than the Arc (however, the Arc is fast, its just hte 2X is faaaast).

The 2X camera is also very good, but not as good as the Arcs (which is bleedin fantastic).

Both phones feel great, and look great, and appeal to different people.

But yeah, 2X is dual core so it depends if you want that or not (i did)

12. ukjets

ukjets Member
    None

Mar 31, 2010
    Male
    Irchester,England
    Well i have just bought the arc and am epecting delivery of it tommorrow, i think i will be happy with this phone, everything i have read about it has been good.
    I don't think i could justify paying 100quid more for a dual core phone that i probably won't be able to use to it's full potential, just for the sake of saying i have one.

Thanks everyone for all your advice.