1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Should i Buy the S2, AGAIN?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by weinstein, Jan 11, 2012.

1. weinstein

weinstein Newbie
    None

Jun 5, 2010
    I purchased the S2 in Sep 2011 and had to return it within 14 days because i was having reception and data issues. I had upgraded from the HTC EVO 4G. The EVO was opening web pages and YouTube videos way faster and was would never drop calls or lose signal. In most cases, i had to reboot the S2 in order for it to regain signal.

Long story short, i returned it. I'm curious to know if the 2.3.6 update fixed those issues. This question is for those of you that actually experienced the same problems i was having...

Advertisement

2. Ronny71

Ronny71 Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 24, 2011

Yes ...The update fixed the problem...But I am now rooted with the Syndicated Ice Rom and also ran Calkulin's Rom...No LOS with either of them...Calkulins Rom is sweet Stable and fast as Hell...:eek:

3. heavychevy

heavychevy Android Expert
    None

Jun 12, 2010
    +1 I returned my epic for the same reason. However picked up a new one since the update and while the reception isn't as good as my 3D most of the time, is much improved! I have only had my new one for a day though. Glad to have one again.

4. shoeboy23

shoeboy23 Lurker
    None

Jan 12, 2012
    I went from the EVO and am not that happy with my Samsung GALAXY SII Epic 4G Touch. Not to mention the name of this dang phone is tooooooo long. I get shotty signal, browsing is much slower than the EVO. I have yet to drop a call but It takes a long time to open google, youtube, or facebook. I'm beginning to think i "upgraded" my screen, and that's all. I'm also having issues with it remembering MY words. "word:saved" my butt.

Here's my thread, maybe you's can help...

http://androidforums.com/samsung-ep...-keyboard-dictionary-wont-remember-words.html

5. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Android Expert
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    Male
    Private Security
    Seattle
    I love my E4GT. I have had several Android phones and this one is the best one I have had. The only reason I wouldn't buy it again is if you can wait for the Galaxy Nexus now that it is officially coming to Sprint, don't know how long it will be though.

6. weinstein

weinstein Newbie
    None

Jun 5, 2010
    Thanks, Ive had the EVO since launch day 2010 and I've been anxious to upgrade. I would have stuck with the S2 had it not given me problems. i personally loved it. Best phone out there...

I dont wanna wait 4-6 months for the nexus and it comes out with a $300 price tag for a 6 month old device. the S3 should be out around the same time. In that case i should just wait 5 more years to get the S10... LOL.

I might just buy an S2 out of contract and wait until the Nexus comes out and sell the S2.

I've been looking on Craigslist for a good deal. Would you guys pay $350 for an S2? Or better yet, whats the most you'll pay for one?

7. heavychevy

None

Jun 12, 2010
    I'd wait for the gs3 before the nexus. No haptic buttons on the Nexus, also only Super Amoled (not +) which is a big difference for me and helps to deal with the lack of resolution on the Epic.

I paid $400 for my S2 with a brand new case and screen protector. The phone basically had not been used. Might be some cheaper deals out there, but I had a good transaction and am happy with the spanking new condition of the phone. Plus was close to me and met on short notice. Loe effort.

8. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Android Expert
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    Male
    Private Security
    Seattle
    I would pay $300-350. Just when buying a used one you have to be careful that it has a clean ESN or you won't be able to activate it. I prefer eBay over Craigslist for things like that because at least you have buyer protection through pay pal if you can not activate the phone and the listing said it had a clean ESN.

All future android phones should be without capacitive buttons, or at least they will be getting phased out, you might as well get used to that now.

9. heavychevy

None

Jun 12, 2010
    Might as well get used to it now when 90% of the phones out and the majority of new phones coming out this year still have physical/capacitive navigation buttons?

NOT

Because it was craiglist I informed the seller that I would be calling Sprint right there in person before the transaction was complete. Did so and started my activation in person so there wouldn't be any problems. Also have copies of texts with seller, the craigslist ad and my ATM receipt for the exact amount from 5 minutes before out texted meeting location were any problems to arise. Bases as covered as I could make them without taking prints.