• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Should I buy this phone?

I too come from four years of iPhone ownership. Then....last year a friend bought an EVO. I thought, "yeah...OK...not bad, but it's NOT an iPhone". Then some really cool entries came in on the Android market, Sony Erricson....Samsung. Ooooo, I used to be a Samsung phone fan years back.

One night at a party, a friend took out his new Thunderbolt. Wow, it was cool. The next day I went into an AT&T store to look at the Samsung Infuse. Ohhhh my! Look how big it is! AMOLED screen....live wallpaper....think how great movies would be! I left the store. "No....no....NO! I can't do it!!!! Think of Steve Jobs!". I got back to work. Secure in the thought that I would stay with my iPhone and then suddenly as if I were possessed I wanted the Infuse again!

I went back to that store three times before finally breaking down and saying to the cute salesgirl...."OK! OK! I'll do it! Hurry!" So I bought the Infuse!

I felt strange the first day. But as the days went by, I found myself falling for Samsung again. Yes, you're not spoon fed like the iPhone, but Androids make you learn a little bit. To figure things out. To use your brain. It's kinda fun!

I love my infuse. I may someday go back to Mr Jobs, but for now I'm content with my Infuse....and the two cases.....and the 8gb Micro-SD card.....and the $200 Jawbone JamBox......and the Samsung Dock.....and......BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
I got the Samsung Infuse 4G on My birthday May 18th three days after it came out. I got to say it's the best smartphone I have ever used! I've been a iPhone user ever since the 3G, & I do not miss iOS one bit. I love the huge 4.5" Super AMOLED Plus display, it looks way better then the iPhone 4's Retna display even thou the Retna display has more pixels with a 960 by 640 resolution to a 800 by 480 resolution of the Infuse 4G but some how Samsung pulls it off? This smartphone does everything & anything you want it to do & more? If your thinking about jumping platforms the Samsung Infuse 4G is the way to go? Trust me you won't regret it.

Upvote 0
One of the things I DON'T like about the Infuse compared to my expeience with the iPhone is the battery life. Apparently (correct me if I'm wrong), the default settings for some of the running apps., and even the mailbox, burn up a lot of the battery. The beautiful "live" screen burns up most of the battery life, but I'd hate to change it and not be able to enjoy it.

For example, on the iPhone, you have the option of shutting off a continuously looking for mail; i.e., only having it search when you open the mailbox. That setting remains until it's changed but with the Infuse, it goes back to default. That is not true with the Infuse (again, correct me if I'm wrong).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones