• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Should I cancel Asurion if I root my phone?

gorenut

May 7, 2010
Sorry that I'm still new to this. This is the first time I've actually bought insurance on a phone of mine. Since I might keep my Incredible instead of switching to X, I figure I might as well get its full potential and root the phone. Its my understanding that rooting a phone actually voids the warranty/insurance that could be had with Asurion. Is this correct? If so, should I just cancel the insurance from them and save myself the 6 or so bucks per month (it'd easily buy me a good protective case)?

Thanks in advance.

no dont do that man....if for instance you break your phone and want a replacement, all you do is tell them you lost the phone and you wouldnt have to send it in obviously...and they wouldnt ever know it was rooted

by saying you lost the phone vs breaking the phone, there is no price difference, all they do is put the ESN on the lost/stolen list and it cant be activated

Reactions: gorenut
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones