• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Should I complain more or just shut up? long read

fbm111

Feb 13, 2010
So I ordered a Razr Maxx on 3/4 from tele sales and new 4g sim card for my thunderbolt. Rep told me they were in stock and would be shipped immediately Monday. Said I just have to agree to terms and conditions. He transfers to me to accept terms and conditions and I get to *611 customer service. Very nice rep doesn't know why I got transferred to her and she tries to have me accept terms and conditions. I was not able too ended up on the phone with her for the next 70 minutes. She finally stated that she would call me back first thing monday morning to make sure it ships.

So on 3/5 I am waiting for a call first thing in the morning. I never recieved call. So I call tele sales back up (about 10 am) and tell them what is going on/ has happened. He stated that original salesman is working today and he would have him call me back within 10 minutes. He never calls me back. So about noon I call back and new guy states well you just need to accept terms and conditions. He tries with me on the phone and we are not able to do so. So he says he is going to lunch and will have original salesman or supervisor call me back asap. Well he calls me back in about 10 minutes himself and says not sure what happend but order is being processed and will be shipped out today. So I thought great problem solved. Recieved tracking number not too long after that.

Come Wednesday 3/7 fedex delivers package. I thought great new phone. No phone in box just sim card. Called Verizon and got new lady and she states that the phone is coming in different box and will be delivered sometime this evening. I asked her how is that possible I don't have two tracking numbers. She puts me on hold and comes back and states I am sorry I see that it is going to be delivered tomorrow. Again I ask how is that possible no tracking number? I politely said don't tell me what I want to hear look into issue and figure this out. I am thinking phone didn't ship because I have not agreed to terms and conditions yet. She comes back on phone and tells me she don't know why it didn't ship yet as the phone is in stock and should have shipped. She tells me that they have to wait 24 hours in this case and if still not shipped will cancel order and ship me out another one and give me free overnight shipping so I would have it by Friday. She said she would call me back Thursday. I stated others have said they would call me back and didn't. She assured me that she would.

So thursday now. She calls me back and tells me don't know why has not shipped so let me cancle order and I will reorder and ship you one overnight and you will have it by friday. This time I notice back ordered on website. She assured me they are in stock. I said that is great thank you. She puts me on hold. She comes back from hold and tells me I will call you back within thirty minutes with tracking number. So she calls me back and states I am sorry but it is going to take 24 hours to cancel order so that I can reorder phone. However I have been able to give you free upgrade on a different line so we can process immediately. I told her that is not what you have been telling me and I didn't want to upgrade that line because it hasn't been used for over a year and I wanted to cancel it when I could. I asked her to do what she originally said she was going to do. She couldn't so I told her just to cancel the order. And hung up, yes I was snippy.

So friday rolls around and original customer rep that said she was going to call me back texted me at 1030 pm after I was already in bed. Stating sorry but I was sick. Your razr maxx will ship out by 3/13 by two day fedex.

So today I get on with online chat rep and she states. I have a tracking number for your phone it is just not shipped yet. I said how do you have tracking number without it being shipped? She gave me number and it was the one from Wednesday that is already delivered. Then she comes back and says won't be shipped until 3/19. I said I ordered it last Sunday when they were in stock and I am getting conflicting answers. She stated she is only a sales rep and can't check stock. I just closed out because I could see I was not going to get anywhere with her.

What should I do in this situation. I am frustrated because I want the phone but more so because I keep getting different stories and have no idea what to expect if anything.

I was trying to find a corporate email address so I could escalate this but have been unable to find one.

Opinions please?

Thanks!

Your making this far more complicated than it needs to be. Just order online and be done with it.

I would tend to agree with gvillager. Sometimes the agravation you put yourself thru just isn't worth it. Not saying you're wrong and Verizon is right because it appears just the opposite. Just saying, get the phone you want and live with the extra few days you don't have it.

I always go to a corporate store when buying a new phone, if they don't have it in stock, I wait. Not necessarily because buying online is always a hassle because it's not. I'm sure Verizon sells thousands of phones online everyday without ao much as a hiccup. I just like walking out of the store with the phone I want and I know works, (cuz I test it) and all the accessories I want, with a printed receipt showing all my costs etc.

I also realize everyone isn't within reasonable distance of a corp store and must do business online or over the phone. So....

Best of luck, whatever you decide to do,

Upvote 0
I always go to corporate store as well. But the corporate stores in my area tell me that it is order only:(

I don't care who is right or wrong, I just want the phone. But I don't even know at this point if the phone is even ordered. I can't upgrade on computer because the line says awaiting activation.

And I am not looking for handouts either, I just want confirmation that the phone is eventually going to show up. I don't think it will because I still have not confirmed the terms and conditions.

Upvote 0
I always go to corporate store as well. But the corporate stores in my area tell me that it is order only:(

I don't care who is right or wrong, I just want the phone. But I don't even know at this point if the phone is even ordered. I can't upgrade on computer because the line says awaiting activation.

And I am not looking for handouts either, I just want confirmation that the phone is eventually going to show up. I don't think it will because I still have not confirmed the terms and conditions.

The phone is ordered but it hasn't shipped because T&C's haven't been accepted, so your stuck in limbo. Simplest way of handling this is to have them cancel your order and then order online.

I had a similar experience with Telesales about 6 or 7 years ago. I learned it's best to have as little human involvement as possible with phone orders and price plan changes, so I try to do everything online.

Edit: Not sure which line the sim card order was for, but that may be complicating things for them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones