1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Should I exchange my Droid for new?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by vaughn15, Dec 22, 2009.

1. vaughn15

vaughn15 Lurker

Should I exchange my Droid, not sure if there is a fix or not.
    1. Phone re-dials my daughter and husband. This has happened 3-6 times with phone laying on my desk at work.
    2. After my daughter and I sent text messages back and forth a couple time, she has now received 5 messages, one after another that states: [object], when she clicks on the message it shuts her phone down. Is this strange or what the hey is going on.

Need advice.:thinking:

2. vincentp

vincentp Android Expert

Well, I guess it depends. How long have you had the phone? Do you have a lot of apps installed, and any installed recently? Many problems can be traced to app conflicts and fixed with a factory reset. If you've only just gotten the phone and it's already acting funny, maybe it's time to replace it, but if you've had it a while it could just be a bug with a remedy.

3. vaughn15

vaughn15 Lurker

Received about 3 weeks ago. Going by VZN store on way home tonight to see what is occurring.

4. JimmyHat

JimmyHat Well-Known Member

Exchange it. After another week your options are much more restrictive.

5. vaughn15

vaughn15 Lurker

Went to VZN store tonight. After discussing with Tech, he tried to reset but nothing was working for him. Obviously, I had a faulty Droid from the get go. The new one works great.

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews