• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Should I exchange my EVO due to bad HDMI?

RobV15

Lurker
Nov 9, 2010
So i bought an HDMI cable for my htc evo from Monoprice. As I plugged in the wire, it seemed to worked the fist few times. However, it was tough getting it to work correctly due to constantly losing connection. As i constantly unpluged and plugged the hdmi from the phone, thereafter it stopped working. I dont get any notifications what so ever. I wiggle the cable around to see if a bad connection is the culprit, however i get no luck. So I now try my relatives HTC evo with succesful results on the 1st try. So we now know the cable is not the cause of our problem. We both purchased the HTC evo the same day(2 weeks ago from today), so firmware and so forth should be the same, right! So should i exchange my HTC EVO for another one? I mean, i am allowed to do that according to sprints exchange policies right? Do i have a bad hdmi port? Please, advice and helpful pointers are highly appreciated.

So should i exchange my HTC EVO for another one?

Thats something only you can answer for yourself. It depends on if you want a working phone that you paid for or not. Personally, if something is wrong with my phone, even if I dont use that feature, I will get it fixed. You never know when you might need it, plus, thats what you paid for, a working phone.

I mean, i am allowed to do that according to sprints exchange policies right?

Yes, thats a hardware defect and is covered by the warranty.

Upvote 0
They are charging $35 now to exchange unless you have the extended warranty, FYI. I got around it when I exchanged my device by telling them that that was a breach of contract (it is) and they would have to let me go with no ETF if they weren't going to waive it for me.

I've posted my concerns about this in other threads...the service contract has absolutely nothing to do with the manufacturer's warranty ...or how they handle in store repairs on a device...it's an agreement to purchase cell service

The threat has worked for a couple of people but I would be careful there.

OP...If you think the phone is defective than I'd say take it in to a sprint repair center. Being that you are in your 30 days you would not be liable to pay $35 anyway. You can simply return the phone and buy a new one. I don't foresee you having any issues.

at 2 weeks if you haven't added the two insurance options avail by Sprint definitely consider adding them. It's $7/month and I think you have 30 days to add them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones