• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

should I file for a refurb/replacement?

xxteargodxx

Apr 18, 2010
Jersey City, NJ
Just got the droid about 2 weeks or so ago and ever since I had an employee at the Verizon Store put a screen protector and case on my phone (I bought them the same day).

My screen when the physical keyboards out can tilt slightly to the left and right, aka its loose a bit. Even when I slide the screen up I can feel it wobble a tiny bit left and right.

Is it suppose to be like that? Or is it supposed to be tight and sturdy? I don't want to tell Verizon the wrong thing and have them be quick to jump on me and assume its my fault due to physical damage (Which its not). I never once dropped the phone or slammed it down on my desk hard or anything.

I tried to get a new one, within my 30 days, with this same problem and the lady was very snide and said: It's supposed to have some wiggle room...I've dealt with that lady before and she NEVER gives replacements...so you may have better luck. This lady will, literally, come up with anything to say no! I ended up calling the warranty number for verizon and complained about the lady and they sent me a new one lol

Upvote 0
Just got my replacement droid last week and the screen has a definite "wobble" to it which my original did not. The original one was solid as a rock, this one seems to just have a slightly bigger gap between the screen and the keyboard. Doesn't seem to be a problem but I am keeping a very close eye on it. Thinking of calling vzw just to have them note it on my account in case it causes a problem.

Upvote 0
Your within 30 days, They'll give you a new one. You'll only get refurbished ones outside of your 30day return window.

A lot of phones, like mine, have a slightly higher gap in the bottom left corner when shut, but wiggly they are not.

If they give you a hard time, try a different store. In my area, the main branch won't do shit, apart from being stupid and telling people the wrong things. The store at the mall is awesome, they'll do whatever they can to satisfy you without any hassle.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones