1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Should I get a android smart watch?

Discussion in 'Android Wear' started by Eli Porter, Jul 23, 2016.

?

What Android Smartwatch should I get?

1. Moto 360 1st generation

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Other Android Smartwatch

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Other than Android Smartwatch

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. Regular Watch

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Nothing!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Eli Porter

Eli Porter Newbie
    None

Nov 26, 2015
    Hey Android Forums I have been gifted $50 and told to only spend it on some sort of watch. I think they had in mind like a fancy watch that doesn't have to do with android. But, I'm think of tossing in $20-$30ish of my own money to get a android watch, I saw the moto 360 1st generation was just on my budget but I'm want to explore my options. What about a different watch, let me know what you think is a good idea in the comments and poll!!! P.S I have a Nexus 5X as my daily driver phone if that helps

Advertisement

2. freakshow85

freakshow85 Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 17, 2013
    I have the Galaxy Gear Live and enjoy it. But, smart watches are in a rough spot, right now.

My Gear Live used the Android OS, which I really liked. Newer models are using Tizen, which I'm not a fan of the look. Until the latest watches start using Android, again, I'm saving my money.

I mean, do you have any in mind? Are you buying new or used?

I owned the first Sony SmartWatch. Lemme say this... a low resolution, low powered smart watch isn't fun at all. I believe you'll want a 320x320, or equivalent, display resolution for starters.

3. aidy

aidy Lurker
    None

Aug 8, 2016
    Male
    hi all sorry if this is the wrong place to post or ask a question I'm wanting t0 get a android watch and not sure what to get I'm looking for a sporty looking one seen loads on e bay just wondering if anyone can help Ive seen some really good apps for them to change them to rolex or omega can these be used on any smart watch or just certain ones please help and thanks in advance aidy looking to spend £100 max

4. psionandy

psionandy Android Expert

Dec 5, 2009
    Male
    Gizmonic Institute - mug in a yellow jumpsuit
    liverpool
    Depending on what you want to do with them, you might also want to consider the 'pebble' watches. They're not for everyone, but then again smartwatches don't seem to be for everyone either.,,

5. Eli Porter

Eli Porter Newbie
    None

Nov 26, 2015
    Thanks for the help! I made the decision to get a LG G Watch and am really enjoying it! I used Android ADB to sideload some Android Apps and are working well! My friend has a pebble watch and it didn't seem for me. Thanks for the help everyone!

psionandy likes this.