1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Should I get a new battery?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ty07allstar, Feb 13, 2010.

1. Ty07allstar

Ty07allstar Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Well the other night I took my phone off charge and was messing around on it for maybe 30mins just looking at the market and playing with the home screens. I talked on the phone for maybe 10mins and when I was done i had lost 15% battery. Does this seem normal? I've done everything possible to try to get the most out of the battery. Should I take it to Verizon and tell them I would like a replacement battery?

Advertisement

2. rick311

rick311 Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2010
    hmm, my battery seems to lose that first little bit of juice pretty early. but i can go every other day without charging.

3. Ty07allstar

Feb 8, 2010
    I wish I could say the same. My battery drains pretty quick even if I'm not really using it.

4. alprazolam

alprazolam Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2009
    What is your signal like?

5. ericlmccormick

ericlmccormick Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Until you fully cycle the battery 2-3 times, the phone does not accurately give the proper % charge, even after a few cycles, its not perfect. To get a better idea of your battery level, us the widget called "Battery Left Widget". The longer it runs, the better the accuracy because it does much more then just give a percent based on battery voltage.

On the standard battery (1300mAh) you will probably get about 10-12hrs of good use out of it. I just recently got myself a 1750mAh battery and I got probably 16-18hrs of the same use on it. I have only cycled the battery once so far and based on the included info with the battery, I will get even better performance after a few charges.
    If your looking to get a full 24 hours out of your phone, get the 1750mAh battery. If you need a full weekend, go for the 3500mAh but it will add some bulk. Otherwise, expect to have to plug it in at least once a day.
    If you don't already know, you can use a standard mini usb plug to charge it. If you sit in front of a computer all day, you can just have it plugged in there.

6. Ty07allstar

Feb 8, 2010
    My signal's pretty good I think. I've never had an issue getting on the internet or sending texts or dropping calls. I know about the cycle but I definitely don't think that I could ever get 10-12hrs on a single charge with moderate use. I may be able to get that with no calls, and minimal use.

7. alprazolam

Dec 31, 2009
    Oh...you most certainly should get that much. I sometimes get 16 hours on the standard battery but that's on light usage days. I've had some days in which I was constantly texting and the phone lasted about 8 hours on a charge...just depends.

How long have you had the phone and have you cycled a few times?

8. Ty07allstar

Feb 8, 2010
    Ive had it for a little over 3 weeks. Yes I have cycled it. The thing that kills my battery are phone calls. I'll have a 30min call and the battery will lose 20%. Then i'll mess around on it and there goes another 10%/

9. alprazolam

Dec 31, 2009
    Also, you looked at the battery tips and tricks sticky thread? You may be running something that helps zap the battery. Phone calls do zap my battery too but I still get a decent charge even with a 30 minute call.

10. Ty07allstar

Feb 8, 2010
    I did everything in the battery thread and have checked to make sure that nothing is zapping my battery.