• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Should I get one?

donavan01

May 4, 2011
Im currently using a LG Pheonix which is a little arm6 600mhz phone nice little phone and still totally functional, However my contract is up and I can get a new phone for nothing I am looking seriously at the Pantech Burst but I didn't want to get it if there is a huge pile of issues with it. Everything I read seems to indicate that its a pretty robust phone and the only issues being not so great call quality and the battery could use a little improvement. What is everyone's opinion get it or find something else?

Its fast but I'd think about spending a little money on a phone, but if you want one for free I think its probably one of the better deals out there.Battery life and the lack of community support for it are the biggest knocks on the phone for me.Unable to connect it to a Wiimote with bluetooth thanks to some limitations Pantech put on it.Also can't transfer apps to an SD card so thats a bit of a bummer and around less then 1gb for downloadable apps and I want to say around 400-600mb of it already used up from the start.Can transfer some apps over to the Media Storage though on the phone to free up some downloaded app space.

If you don't ever plan to root it or do anything special with it aside from having a fast phone then its not bad.Its got a speaker on the back and gets muffled when on its back.Its a good bang for your buck.Gets around 5-6 hours on battery life on low settings so might wanna keep it on stand by mode when not using it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones