• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Should I get Tasker?

I love tasker and use it for random wallpapers and automated texts. I also like trying to figure out things for other people with it, it is like a puzzle game to me. Toggles are super easy to set up as widgets, you can change icons with it. My wife on the other hand would have no use for it whatsoever, it all depends on what you want to do with your phone. It isn't a program for everyone but if you are the type that like to tinker and see what you can do the money is well worth it.

Upvote 0
Tasker is the one app I've found that really elevates your phone beyond the everyday and will leave even the most strident iPhone fan feeling a little jealous. Totally worth the money and then some, but there is a little bit of a learning curve to figuring out how to use it. Once you get it wired, though, your phone just magically does whatever you could ever want it to do. The vastly underused "gestures" context allows you to do things based upon the way you move the phone, and you'll feel like a frickin' shaman as your phone will respond to a flick of your wrist. Best app on the market by a mile.

Upvote 0
Tasker is the one app I've found that really elevates your phone beyond the everyday and will leave even the most strident iPhone fan feeling a little jealous. Totally worth the money and then some, but there is a little bit of a learning curve to figuring out how to use it. Once you get it wired, though, your phone just magically does whatever you could ever want it to do. The vastly underused "gestures" context allows you to do things based upon the way you move the phone, and you'll feel like a frickin' shaman as your phone will respond to a flick of your wrist. Best app on the market by a mile.

Still haven't been able to figure out a profile to have tasker make me a sandwich...:eek:

Upvote 0
Personally, I have no use for it but using the "Search this Forum" button gives you these threads that may sway you one way or the other:-

http://androidforums.com/android-applications/161686-should-you-use-task-killer.html

http://androidforums.com/android-applications/335110-why-you-dont-need-task-killer.html

Hope this helps. :D

Tasker is not a task killer. If these are the results you got when you searched for it, then this is just another example of how the search function on these forums sucks.

Use google and search for Androidforums.com + Tasker. You'll get better results.

Reactions: jvbaseball
Upvote 0
I tried it when it first started getting popular and it seemed like it would take too much time to mess with defeating its purpose.

Once you figure out what you are doing it is easy. There is a learning curve but it is not impossible just takes a little dedication, that is why there is a 7 day free trial available otherwise there would be many many returns with the 15 min return window with google.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones