1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Should I get the HTC Sensation?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Hyperchild, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Hyperchild

Hyperchild Newbie
    None

Feb 3, 2010
    So here is the dealio chumps and chumpettes.
    I'm a rich kid with no better way to spend my money than to buy a superphone every once in a while. Today I saw the HTC Sensation and was like "FRIGGIN AWESOME MAN!!" and then I heard bout the Evo 3D and was like "FRIGGIN AWESOME MAN!!... in 3D."
    I've had my Hero for a 16 months now and I'm like "FRIGGIN PISSED OFF MAN, THERE ARE TOO UPDATES AND TOO MANY APPS UNABLE TO RUN ON MY HARDWARE!" so...
    Should I get the HTC Sensation? The way I see it is in 4-5 months, they're gonna be like "LOOK AT THIS NEW PHONE, ITS PRETTY MUCH THE SAME AS THE SENSATION BUT IT HAS A DIFFERENT ICON FOR THE APPS MENU SO ITS FRIGGIN AWESOME MAN!!
    Plz let me know what whether u phink I should get Sensation.
    (P.S. I live in Europe so I can't get the CDMA Evo 3D, if there's a GSM version let me know)

Advertisement

2. chris 290

chris 290 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 29, 2010
    Firstly congratulations on being rich :)

That said, you have had a hero for 2 years? And your rich? That's not awesome at all.

Well im sure the sensation will be a great phone but around the corner will be quad core phones with ice cream a merger between gingerbread and honeycomb.

If your truly rich, or guessing your parents, then sensation is a good stop gap for just probably 6 months.

I guess your not too rich if you have put up with the hero for 16 months, so my advise would be skip this generation update and buy uber phone early 2012.

Or if you really are stinking rich then get it now and update in six months also and get an xoom, ipad2, alien laptop, next psp go, 3d 1080p projector (that will cost 15k for a goody), bose sound system etc... Really spending Hugh amounts of money on tech is not very difficult for rich people.

Good luck in your choices :)

3. 2010 ZR1

2010 ZR1 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 18, 2010
    I am thinking of leaving Verizon for T-Mobile to get the sensation. Verizon is always the last to get the good stuff and then they weigh it down with crapware that you can't remove or want.

4. comnut

comnut Newbie
    None

Apr 20, 2011
    The mobile market is very similar to the PC market... there will ALWAYS be a better one!!!

It all depends what you are going to use it for, due to very limited space and battery size - unless you will not be using the 'mobile' or ' phone' part......

Dual core and 2 Ghz may be lovely, but not if you only get a couple of hours life!!

The main thing I like about the new phones is the much larger RAM (not to be confused with 'storage' normally in the G range...)

5. golfbiz

golfbiz Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 8, 2010
    Petty easy to remove all the VZ crapware which I always do....I have to stay with VZ because the signal is so much better to all the places I travel.

6. Loeken

Loeken Newbie
    None

Mar 24, 2011
    If you were rich you wouldn't still have a hero.

I'm not impressed with the EVO 3D, sure it's pretty cool, but then what? I bet I'll be sick of it after 15min, with minimal software support it just doesn't seem like a good idea...

The HTC Sensation is close to perfect imo, I'm going to buy it, do as you please, but if you want the best phone in the world, you know what to do...

7. chocobosandwich

None

Jul 6, 2010
    The smartphone market is leaps and bounds growing faster than the PC market right now. I'm only saying this comparatively, that is. Smartphones will eventually hit their limit, and there will be some ruminating to be done to get past it.

If you're rich, why not buy two Sensations and give me one? Money is disposable!

8. Edward Turner

Edward Turner Newbie
    None

Sep 21, 2009
    UK

9. Pochi_X

Pochi_X Member
    None

Apr 20, 2011
    We're at the end of [Moore's Law] era.

4-9 more years then computers and smartphones will slow advancing in hardware technology.

Waiting patiently for that day.

10. Loeken

Loeken Newbie
    None

Mar 24, 2011
    You must be god, because no person can know this, not even the best/smartest/etc researches in the world...

11. comnut

comnut Newbie
    None

Apr 20, 2011
    well all I say to that is huh!! in a few months time, there will be someone who proves that is NOT true....

Last time gordon talked about it, he said it was just 'loose talk', but he does not mind...

I dont think it will end until it is one molecule wide!! but then again look at nanotechnology - they have managed to make a single molecule work like a transistor!!

12. hairless

hairless Newbie
    None

Jun 3, 2010
    Yeah, I like thought, should I get this awesome fone or what dude and like yeah i did n stuff and it was really cool, some stuff is like weird man, but cool.
    some of that funky sh1t was bogus n stuff buy yeah man overall its really groovy and im cool that i bought the concept.
    Ya dig!

13. Mitchturbo

Mitchturbo Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 21, 2011
    Male
    Night Porter
    Lincolnshire UK
    :D lol Well done!

14. AndroidAddict1

None

Jul 28, 2011
    I like the Sensation. It's got a great UI, feels great in the hands, pretty awesome display and have had a lot of success with advanced gaming. I couldn't be happier with it and, of course, the animated weather app is a nice touch.