1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Should I get the infuse?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ughazi93, Sep 5, 2011.

1. ughazi93

ughazi93 Lurker
    None

Sep 5, 2011
    I'm thinking about getting the Samsung Infuse 4G but I am a little hesitant after researching it a bit on the internet.
    I'm hearing that it has problems charging and often doesn't charge via the wall, car, or usb. People exchange them but they say it still has the same issue. I also heard that it charges extremely slowly.
    Are these problems are common and should I be concerned about them or am I just being paranoid?
    Other than that, for whoever owns an Infuse, do you like it? I'll be switching from an iPhone. Anyone do the same?

Advertisement

2. BadFishCM

BadFishCM Well-Known Member
    None

May 31, 2011
    Yes. No problems here with charging. It takes like an hour and a half to charge(reasonable). I also came from and an iphone, and I will never go back.

3. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Android Expert
    None

Jun 27, 2010
    Phones
    Over Yonder
    I am selling my infuse. I picked up the Thrill last week and love it...

4. onlymovies.db

onlymovies.db Newbie
    None

Sep 3, 2011
    How are you able to charge in one and half hour. I exchanged my battery again today (3rd time) and exchanged my phoe twice. Still it takes 5 hours to get it charged.

Is your phone rooted?

Is it good idea to root to get better battery life?

5. Ryanscool

Ryanscool Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 16, 2011
    School
    Colorado
    It seems almost impossible to charge an infuse that fast. A custom rom it may be possible, but probably not even.

6. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Android Expert
    None

Jun 27, 2010
    Phones
    Over Yonder
    The developers may in fact be making tweaks to the charging profile.. mine took forever to charge at first....then later it started charging more quickly but I also had rooted

7. BadFishCM

BadFishCM Well-Known Member
    None

May 31, 2011
    I really wish there was some way to show you guys, but i am running infused 2.1 and it definitely charges at most under 2 hours. When I was running stock Froyo it only took 3-4 hours.

A custom rom saved my phone from being returned, i was only getting 10 hours on battery with heavy usage, now I can easily make 36 hours. The developers over at XDA definitely tweak battery stats and charging stats when they make custom roms.

8. dscott5683

dscott5683 Lurker
    None

Sep 8, 2011
    Hollis Queens,Ny
    Yeah... I just did about a day ago, So far it has been a better experience then I've had in the past with Android Phone's, I was using a iPhone 4 running iOS 5. Now if only ATT will release the 2.3.4 OS Update the said would be out before the end of last month for the time being, My phone will be complete... Don't know about any charging problem.

9. ughazi93

ughazi93 Lurker
    None

Sep 5, 2011
    So I know to get a custom ROM, you have to root. From what I've heard that process is easy. I heard that the part that can mess your phone up is installing a custom ROM. Is there anyway to backup your phone in case something goes wrong? And what exactly is a custom ROM? Is it like a theme?

10. Mohammad_Adib

Mohammad_Adib Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 25, 2011
    Student
    Bellevue, WA
    If u have the budget >.> resist the infuse's temptation and look elsewhere if you are a fan of hardcore specs. If u go for looks, Infuse is like your best bet however.

11. Lombardi

Lombardi Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 13, 2011
    I have not had any... of the issues others talk about I get hoirsnof battery life, no probs charging. I'm still gonna trade mine on for something dual core, however 4.5" screen is an absolute must for me....

12. ughazi93

ughazi93 Lurker
    None

Sep 5, 2011
    I've done a lot of research on other phones and I really don't mind the specs of the Infuse. I'm definitely not a fan for hardcore specs (on my smartphone anyway.) I'm pretty set on it, just wanted to get some thoughts from those who own it. Thanks for the advice though.

13. Mohammad_Adib

Mohammad_Adib Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 25, 2011
    Student
    Bellevue, WA
    Well if you want a phone that WOWs anyone on first sight, Grab an infuse. My friends at school freak out and girls want to touch it :cool: but anyway its possibly the coolest looking AT&T phone out there maybe even the coolest looking in the world aside from the Galaxy Note which is coming later in the future. I mean since its so big and nice from any angle, it even outcharms a galaxy s2 in my eyes. also keep in mind, the infuse and the galaxy s2 have the same gaming specs infact stock infuse does better gamign than some even overclocked Galaxy S2s. But if you ever want to make it like twice as fast, you can always overclock your infuse which is something i cannot live without and something that still keeps the phone in my pocket and not at a refurbishing facility. cheers.

*EDIT: Fair warning, i know some will disagree but after you cuztomize your infuse to a point where most of your homescreens are filled and you have a live wallpaper, it will be laggy. it will lag to a point where you will be annoyed. The lag will only be on the homescreen, but applications will run very smoothly as usual. just a heads up so you wouldnt find that out the hard way like me :p