• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Should I get the nexus one????

tatti

Lurker
Jul 19, 2011
hey i am new to android and I really want to get one. right now i have a shitty iphone

i was just wondering does the nexus one have the same have the same os or theme as the galaxy? because I saw some reviews and the start screen was different?

look at the pictures

is it the same thing? can it do the same stuff?

can i get the htc dock menu on the nexus one

cause i dont know anything about androids :(

Attachments

• nexus_one_01.jpg
    nexus_one_01.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 72
  • htcdesire.jpg
    htcdesire.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 67
The home screen on the one on the right looks different because it uses a UI shell/Launcher called Sense UI while The Nexus One is vanilla Android. Android is the same on both. You can get third party launchers and widgets that allow you all sorts of customizations. The clock/weather widget you see in Sense UI can be had by using "Beautiful Widgets."

Upvote 0
You should get the nexus S.

The NS is good, but like the N1 is considered outdated..i know, thats tech. But it's the only phone with the NFC tech and it all depends on your carrier (tmobile or sprint only right now, soon at&t).

right now you can only buy the N1 out right for $500+ or get an used one for around $200 or so. It's a good phone compared to some of the newer phones out right now. If you don't want a new contract and if you have t-mobile like me, an N1 is great cause of the web2go plan ($10 for unlimited data) and no contract.

If you are getting a new contract, then there are many choices that are better than the N1 like the HTC Sensation. It depends on what carrier you are using. Remember the N1 comes in two models, 1 for tmobile and 1 for at&t. make sure you get the right one for the right carrier.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones