• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Should I get the s3 now or wait for s4?

Unless you really need it NOW, I would wait. I'm NOT a fan of the SG3 -- as I've had more than my fair share of problems with it.

The SG4 was going to be announced at CES, THEN it was going to be announced at the World Mobility Conference, THEN Samsung said they would announce it on their own, presumably, later.

In the meantime, HTC and Motorola are bringing out new phones all the time.

I would take a hard look at them before jumping into a Samsung phone.

Upvote 0
Honestly, I would say get the S3. The only reason for this is that for the the most part it is highly bug free and works well. When the S4 comes out there could be all sorts of bugs as there usually are when a product first comes out. I would not recommend buying a product right off the bat unless you'll die without it. There's no reason to and if there is something wrong with the new product then it's your loss. Let others experiment and throw away their money with the new gadgets. I would wait at least 6 months after the release of the S4 if that is what you decide to buy.

Upvote 0
All depends how much you need a new phone, I had a iphone 3GS previously and had to switch as soon as the galaxy came out as my iphone was dying. I have no regrets, love my phone and it's worlds apart from the iphone in terms of the flexibility you have with it. The S4 will be interesting but you're not going to get your hands on it for 6 months yet I would say so really depends on how soon you need it..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones