• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help should i get this android phone

Just b/c I like to stick my 2 cents in and make the decision for kevinwarhaft a little bit more challenging....

The LG is indeed a better phone, as described by unnamedny, and every penny extra delivers.... but

There seems to be quite a bit more development going on for the huawei so you can expect more tweaking and mods to play with should you go with the less expensive, lower hardware spec model. Why? Prob because many more people are buying the less expensive one so the community of users is much larger.

Upvote 0
Just b/c I like to stick my 2 cents in and make the decision for kevinwarhaft a little bit more challenging....

The LG is indeed a better phone, as described by unnamedny, and every penny extra delivers.... but

There seems to be quite a bit more development going on for the huawei so you can expect more tweaking and mods to play with should you go with the less expensive, lower hardware spec model. Why? Prob because many more people are buying the less expensive one so the community of users is much larger.

I actually heard the Ascend has more ram

Upvote 0
i have metro pcs what are the good and bad stuff about this android phone:)

The pros are that it performs very well for a $100 dollar phone! It actually outperforms what the Cnet reviews have to say about it.

The cons (camera, sound quality) really aren't that big a deal. The other features of this phone far outweigh anything else.

Everyone I know who has an Ascend loves their phone. Hope this helps!

:)

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
Personally, I think online reviewers are far too picky when they review lower end electronics, and get carried away with trashing them. Maybe I would too if I were spoiled, but who knows.

Either way, I haven't had a complaint about call quality other than your usual cellular issues, which happen no matter who your carrier is. I've also got a nice digital camera if I want to take high quality photos, so that's an invalid argument to me as well.

The only complaint I really have so far is the fact that you just can't seem to get enough volume from headphones. It sucks when the road noise from your car makes it hard to hear the music clearly. Amplified headphones is the resolution for this, from what I've read, although it would be nice to not have to spend extra money on headphones and possibly a 2.5-3.5mm adapter.

Reactions: Jazziette
Upvote 0
9 times out of 10 the only time someone leaves an online review is when they are pissed off about the product or customer service. So the only REAL reason to ever read reviews by customers IMO is to compare related problems so you have an idea as what to expect.

That being said, 90% of the reviews I read about the Ascend before I bought it were about cricket's crappy customer service.

Reactions: Jazziette
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones