1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Should I install the new OTA update?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by westbros, Sep 16, 2010.

1. westbros

westbros Android Enthusiast

Aug 8, 2010
    My Desire is 1 week old and came with 2.2 preloaded. It is an unlocked unbranded handset from Carphone Warehouse. Yesterday my phone displayed a message that there is an update available. I decided to check it out before jumping in with both feet. I currently have software version 2.09.405.8, so I assume this update will give me 2.10.405.2? If so, I have read here that there are a few problems with the update, specifically with wifi. I have also read elsewhere that HTC withdrew the update until this was fixed.

Some of the solutions talk about manual installation and a gold card, whatever that is! :thinking:

Have HTC fixed the wifi problem? Is it now safe for me to install the update OTA? Or should I wait? I really don't want my phone being messed up and having to fiddle around with gold cards or whatever.

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. denial86

denial86 Member

Jan 10, 2010
    You can safely update. Gold Card is only needed for those with branded devices. As you said, yours is not. I updated yesterday, and even though it takes a little while, there are no problems what so ever that arose... wifi connected instantly as before as well.

Tags: