1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Should I just buy another phone? this is a tragedy...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by reilus, Mar 26, 2011.

1. reilus

reilus Android Enthusiast
    None

I'm at my wit's end. I've spent days being pissed off about this and I'm sick of it. I have problems that occur no matter what rom I install.

Whatever rom I install, I can only install appz from the market and only sometimes. Sometimes, the market only downloads and will not install anything. If I can get the google updates to work, then I can install some programs from the rom. The only way I can make that happen is to install one rom, set it up, shut it down, wipe it and install another one. Then, I can install apps for a short time on the second flashed rom. It will not work any other way.

After a time, the market stops working. I don't know why. Sometimes, I can install titanium backup. I can home button out of market and restore some backups. But, certain backups cause a freeze and I cannot install anything anymore from the market or titanium.. If I try to restore root explorer and install apks from the sd, it freezes and I cannot install anything anymore from the market or titanium.

Sometimes, I can actually move apps to the SD card, but when I do that the os will not load those applications from the SD card! People keep saying its an SD card problem. I don't know what sort of SD card problem screws up market and apk installs, but I am getting a new card brought to me later today. So I will test that theory out, though I think it will be a waste of 20 bucks on a card I do not need.

I do not know what to do. None of the roms are fixing this problem and I can't figure out how to zero out my phone and put all the stock bullshit back on there. Something seems to be persisting across wipes. Is it my phone? Do I have a virus? What is going on?

Should I just get a new phone?

Advertisement

2. UKCatFan

UKCatFan Android Expert
    None

Dec 15, 2010
    I say get it back to stock and take it in to Metro to complain about it. Since it is not working on every ROM, then it is probably a hardware problem. You might get a refurb, but a working refurb is better than a broken original.

reilus likes this.
  3. reilus

None

I'm on my tenth or eleventh broken fefurb.... =(

How can I get it back to stock? My nandroid backup went all to shit too. I've got nothing. I don't have a stock rom. Do you know where I can get a 2.2 stock rom? Maybe I could get by with a 2.2.1? How would they know what they sold me?

Also, it's after 30 days, will they still replace it?

4. UKCatFan

UKCatFan Android Expert
    None

Dec 15, 2010
    Your warranty is for a year. The thirty days is to return and get a refund.

reilus likes this.
  5. reilus

None

Well, that is good, how do I get the stock rom back on the phone??

6. new optimus

new optimus Android Expert
    None

Mar 10, 2011
    Jax Fl
    You can do the 2.2.1 upgrade, that is made for that phone look how many people with stock 2.2 upgraded to 2.2.1 before they knew they would lose root ability.

7. reilus

None

I screwed around with this phone for days now. Somehow, I've cleaned everything up and made a few backups along the way. I can do 2.2.1 and 2.2 now. All of this is possible because of the people here.

I would especially like to thank asadullah, getitnowmarketing, Joneidy, and TEAM CHICKENEATER.

With an absurd combination of flashing roms back and forth and being persistent, I was able to clean out whatever the problem was with my phone somehow. Everything seems to be working now. I am running at 768 mhz and I am stable. I am going to get my settings right and backup.

Thank you all for your help! =)

8. UKCatFan

UKCatFan Android Expert
    None

Dec 15, 2010
    Good news!!! and good luck keeping it stable!!!

reilus likes this.
  9. eljefe0000

eljefe0000 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 18, 2011
    importer/exporter/gravedigger
    NYC
    i updated to 2.2.1 thru lg's website just for the hell of it and now i have no data connection anybody else have this problem i can make /receive calls and texts just no data signal at all wifi works but no 1x signal on top any takers?

10. reilus

None

I am not sure, but it seems to me this was a common problem. The solution is in the sticky thread. Root 2.2.1 and get data working is the name of the post. You will also need a custom recovery. All the info is in the sticky thread.

Tags: