• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Should I just wait for 2.2?

Wait and risk the horrible ever present danger of regular earthlings having 2.2 before you (not to mention the countless current advancements you are now missing)? Root now damn it !!!

roots-brewing-co-550.jpg

Upvote 0
What is funny is I just saw an interview on one of the tech sites (might have been Android Guys) with a Google programmer that worked on Froyo, he was asked about 2.2 working on the G1... The programmer actually mentioned Cyanogen and how he is sure that Cyanogen will have it out for the G1 as soon as possible...

LOL... trust me Google is pleased as punch that there is a root community and that 2.2 will be out and making the rounds soon...

Upvote 0
What is funny is I just saw an interview on one of the tech sites (might have been Android Guys) with a Google programmer that worked on Froyo, he was asked about 2.2 working on the G1... The programmer actually mentioned Cyanogen and how he is sure that Cyanogen will have it out for the G1 as soon as possible...

LOL... trust me Google is pleased as punch that there is a root community and that 2.2 will be out and making the rounds soon...

If I remember correctly, wasn't there an actual official Droid ad in which the Droid was rooted as evidenced by the obviously themed status bar? Another case of the tail wagging the dog...

Upvote 0
LOL yea I believe I heard about that one... I don't think Google has ever hidden the fact that they love the root community... I mean they did work with Cyanogen over the whole google apps thing, they could have been dicks about that and destroyed Cyanogen Mod...

I think the only people that have issues with root are Verizon and Motorola... :p

Upvote 0
LOL yea I believe I heard about that one... I don't think Google has ever hidden the fact that they love the root community... I mean they did work with Cyanogen over the whole google apps thing, they could have been dicks about that and destroyed Cyanogen Mod...

I think the only people that have issues with root are Verizon and Motorola... :p

I really dont see why they would except for warranty. Its a selling point if you ask me.

Upvote 0
Thanks everyone, I guess I phrased my question wrong.

Now that I rooted and installed Buglessbeast and know the lingo better, what I should have said was "Should I install a 2.1 rom when a 2.2 rom is possibly around the corner?"

It doesn't matter now because I just did it anyway so I could have teathering in time for this weekend when I will need it.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Thanks everyone, I guess I phrased my question wrong.

Now that I rooted and installed Buglessbeast and know the lingo better, what I should have said was "Should I install a 2.1 rom when a 2.2 rom is possibly around the corner?"

It doesn't matter now because I just did it anyway so I could have teathering in time for this weekend when I will need it.

Thanks!

Gratz on your first custom rom! Welcome to the nerd club! Lol. But yeah noone knows when a 2.2 rom would even hit so... you did the right thing. Plus if your hacking community is good enough, you can update your rom with an update.zip through recovery and not lose your data.

Tapatalk. Samsung Moment. Yep.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones