1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Should I keep the DHD or return it?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Shorty_Gas, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Shorty_Gas

Shorty_Gas Newbie

I have had the DHD for 4 days now, and i am still undecided as to weather i should keep it or not.

For me the bad points are
    - Its weight, just seems too heavy for something which is on me constantly
    - Battery life - Barely lasts a day with average use, 65% of which went on powering the huge screen
    - Its size, is it just too big? Especialy as if i was too make use of it and watch a movie for example, i very much doubt the battery would last long enough for me to get to the end.

I realise these are a lot of personal preferences but was just looking for a bit of help deciding.

I am tempted to return the handset and downgrading to the Desire and saving myself

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SpencerUk

SpencerUk Android Enthusiast

3. amg_1969

amg_1969 Well-Known Member

4. AstralZero

AstralZero Guest

Like Spencer said... its really down to you.

I think the iPhone and standard Desire screens are too small, especially for playing games and browsing the web.

I also don't understand why people want light phones... a nice metal case just says quality to me. I've had a go with the Samsung Galaxy S and the HD7 and they feel cheap and flimsy.

The short battery life does sound annoying, but I'm in a job where I can keep it plugged into a laptop so it won't matter during the week and I'll probably keep a spare battery on me for when I do need a bit more power.

Also I'm guessing most people are still playing with their phones a lot more than they normally would since its new... Although you did say you were already on "normal use".

Although thats just my opinion. I was even considering getting the Dell Streak as a normal phone so maybe my idea of a nice size screen is alot different to most peoples :)

5. SithSurfer

SithSurfer Well-Known Member

If you find the DHD too big then just go and exchange it for the Desire - it's still a brilliant handset! In terms of battery. I'm afraid you won't get much more life out of other smartphones.

SpencerUk likes this.

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews