• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Should I or should I not?

Beckdroid

Jun 4, 2010
The OC
I got my S4 the Saturday after Thanksgiving and I'm debating about calling Verizon and having it replaced. My home button is sticking and it's driving me crazy! Is this a common issue? Will the new one I get have the issue too eventually? If so I won't bother.

Thanks in advance! I came from a Bionic and before that had the original Inc. Both were rooted. I told myself I wouldn't root this one but I'm really having a hard time resisting!

:) Becky

I got my S4 the Saturday after Thanksgiving and I'm debating about calling Verizon and having it replaced. My home button is sticking and it's driving me crazy!
It's defective, so of course.

Will the new one I get have the issue too eventually? If so I won't bother.
Why not? Keep bringing it back - if you have to - until they get you a good one. Would you keep drinking sour milk if that's all the store gave you?

I told myself I wouldn't root this one but I'm really having a hard time resisting!
I share the pain, My Note 3 is thiiiis close ...

Reactions: Beckdroid
Upvote 0
I got my S4 the Saturday after Thanksgiving and I'm debating about calling Verizon and having it replaced. My home button is sticking and it's driving me crazy! Is this a common issue? Will the new one I get have the issue too eventually? If so I won't bother.

Thanks in advance! I came from a Bionic and before that had the original Inc. Both were rooted. I told myself I wouldn't root this one but I'm really having a hard time resisting!

:) Becky

Send it back but remember always return the phone to stock so no root can be found unless you have tripped the knox counter then they will know you have routed.

Reactions: Beckdroid
Upvote 0
I take it you didn't search the forum before asking this question but never mind.

Yes, it is a known issue on some S4s. I wouldn't say it's common but you are far from the first user here with a home button problem. Your symptoms match all the others so it is fairly much certain that you have a physical defect and are entitled to a replacement.

If you do intend to root, read this important post by ironass first http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s4/788644-warning-knox-security-4-3-firmwares.html.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones