1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

should i purchase my phone from middle east

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by vinay.tilwani, Sep 6, 2011.

1. vinay.tilwani

vinay.tilwani Lurker

Hey guys, i need some help over here. Im planning to buy and galaxy s2 soon and just found that the android market isnt available here in the middle east. I have seen some loop holes to access the market like resetting the phone to a global location but a some users report issues after the procedure. Certainly i dont want my phone to land up in a mess.

What i want to know is, can i download apps on my laptop and then transfer it to the phone.

But the most imp thing, i might be shifting to US in a few months. As ill be purchasing my phone from UAE, will the market and other applications still be blocked over there as the phone is set to this location. If it is then i would have to again go through one of the tricks to reset the phone (which sweeps all the data) and leave me vulnerable to issues again? Please help.

These guys have blocked everything. From apps like readers hub and music hub to gps. Whats the use of such a smartphone when u cant use the apps.
    :mad::mad::mad:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. lotus49

lotus49 Android Expert

You don't even need to copy them from a PC; you can download them directly to the phone and install them from there. You will need to enable the relevant option before you can do this though. When/if you get your phone go to:

Settings->Applications->Unknown sources and tick it.

I have loaded most of my applications from the market but it is very easy to install them from emails, copying by mounting as USB drive etc.

vinay.tilwani likes this.
  3. byond

byond Lurker

no problem in buying from middle east, i bought one from KSA ( im still in KSA) and i can use adroid market without any problems..so go for it:)
    ..ps: be sure to activate in setings to alowed instalation from unknow sources..

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews