1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Should I purchase the Galaxy S6, wait for the HTC M10, or....(insert phone name here)

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by ChristopherMS, Feb 16, 2016.

1. ChristopherMS

ChristopherMS Lurker

BACKSTORY: SKIP THIS IF YOU WANT :: Near the start of the year my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 had a defect from multiple drops against the cement (even though I had a top quality case, it was damaged and kept on power-cycling. So I went to sprint and got a refurbished Galaxy Note 4 and the phone worked for a few weeks before the charging port went bad. I went to Samsung and purchased a new charger and USB cable thinking that maybe it was the cause. Once I received it went to Sprint and I got a third phone. Guess what; charging port went bad again. I admit I beat up my first Galaxy Note 4 but the two newer ones I treated like royalty. There should have been zero reason why they broke down.
    ------------------------------------------

Currently I have my eyes on the Galaxy S6 128GB model. The option for a nonremoveable battery sort of sucks, but I plan to get full insurance on my device. As for media; well I have a Western Digital My Cloud 4TB with a USB hub in the back granting me an additional 4TB. So I've been storing all my pictures, videos, and music there. So in theory I would have about 100GB for applications (pretty heavy with apps...currently have like 450). My question is should I wait for April to see what the M10 looks like and spec wise? I never really craved the Edge series from Samsung. In a perfect world setting I would love to have the Note 5 but I hear it only supports up to 64GB.
    ------------------------------------------
    How I will use the device:
    Recording video in low and bright settings in 1080P/720P
    Heavy Resource games such as: TellTaleGanes, xcom, etc
    OTG for a hardwired keyboard at my desk
    Day to day operations
    etc

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Kibaikasu

Kibaikasu Member

I would wait, imho. Mobile World Congress 2016 is next week and a whole slew of new smartphones will be announced, including release dates. Many release dates for the devices announced next week can fall as early as 2-3 weeks after the event. If you want the latest and greatest, it would definitely be worth the wait. Already it has been all but confirmed that the Galaxy S7, the Galaxy S7 Edge, the LG G5, and many other flagship devices will be debuted during the event, so stay tuned and get hyped!

TracyOduebo likes this.
  3. electricpete

electricpete Android Expert

Deleted

#3 electricpete, Feb 16, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Samsung will show the S7 family on Feb 21, or 22 depending on where you are at the time. And it will be available around April or May. If you are open to waiting till then, I'd wait. Sony flagship would show up March.

5. Anwar Abir

Anwar Abir Lurker

Check Latest more leaked Galaxy S7 images. Here they are
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]