1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Should I return my Logitech Revue?

Discussion in 'TV & Video' started by alangraham, Dec 21, 2011.

1. alangraham

alangraham Lurker

I got the bundle with the webcam a couple weeks ago, but haven't broken it out yet--been waiting till Christmas. I stopped by Best Buy today and found out it has been discontinued. I am not super savvy, but I have noticed in the past that when a manufacturer deserts a tech product, the folks who own that product tend to be left in the dust.

Would it be wise to continue with this product? Or should I go with something else? I saw the Sony, but its $60 more, it has no camera, and I don't need a bluray player. I thought it would be cool to have Googletv, seemed like there was a lot that could be done and lots of possibility, but I am about ready to put the whole idea on the shelf for a while and see what comes out.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. rhippler

rhippler Well-Known Member

Well it just got the latest version of the software so it will be good for a while. Once it gets to the point that not having the current version of Google TV is an issue, you can just move it to a 2nd tv and get the latest and greatest hardware.

3. Lolas Dad

Lolas Dad Newbie

I'd bring it back if it is not being made anymore they may not support it when you need them to. They also may not honor the warranty. It could be like Saab. They are under bankruptcy and they will not do any warrnty work on the cars they made.