• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Should i Return My Pantech Element Tab?

Just bought a Pantech Element Tab,and spent 8 hours trying to use the adb root method from rootwiki...

But i am stuck in quite a quagmire.
Apparently there is something wrong with mine (refurb-great deal) because everytime i execute the first cmd command it shuts down the device and its a pain to get it back on... i read somewhere that i needed an oem unlock so i did that with success,and also got it in fastboot mode,but could never get it rooted or cwm...

i absolutely LOVE the device itself though...The feel,the price,the size...Everything is perfect except for the root and the fact that there isnt much out there as far as roms etc...

The processor benchmarks the same as the Galaxy 8.9 and i also like the fact that if i coudl root it,i could put my straight talk unlimited card in it and use like a phone....

But withe the nexus 7 @ 199$ w/jellybean,i dont know what to do...i cant really afford the 199$ or even the 175 i paid for this let alone more...

I have never been able to NOT root something and i am seeing red all day....

But i REALLY love the feel of this thing man,and im upset that i assumed that these "rooting guides" people had out were good... Im pissed..

What do i do? i only have 14 days to return the element and it seems i cannot unlock.....

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones