• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Should I Root? Couple Qs?

geekydude

Jan 2, 2012
Somewhere on Earth
So I hear and read about people rooting, I've never rooted my phone(s) before, but it's becoming more and more attractive to me. I gotta ask rooters if it's worth it. I guess the main reason I want to root is I hate the LG skin (with a damn passion)...Sammy has an okay skin comparing, but stock is best and so my question is -- can I get a rom that is more stockish or at least what are my options. The phone is already speedy as bat outta hell, but I know it can go a tad bit faster and thus a tad bit more awesome. Plus I know things like Google Now can be ported in and I love Now with my Nexus 7. So all in all -- should I root? ROMs? Worth it?

Thanks!

EDIT! I just got the newest software (E) update OTA btw

Yup, Basically root, install and use 2ndinit app, flash safe stuff in cwm, profit! But you must root first if you haven't already ;) And fwiw, you really can't brick this phone unless you're messing with partitions or flashing something from non related phone. :)

Always ask before doing something with root if your unsure about it, read every single root related thread, learn from others mistakes, and use common sense for this stuff :D

Reactions: Scorpion7867
Upvote 0
Yup! As you may know/already figured out, when you're in the recovery menu (aka cwm) you use power to select, volume up and down to highlight your selection, home to switch from internal storage to external, and (semi-no-brainer) back to go back ;) When stuck in a bootloop, just press volume up when you see the LG logo and boom! Cwm is there and you can flash stuff :)

Upvote 0
Yup! As you may know/already figured out, when you're in the recovery menu (aka cwm) you use power to select, volume up and down to highlight your selection, home to switch from internal storage to external, and (semi-no-brainer) back to go back ;) When stuck in a bootloop, just press volume up when you see the LG logo and boom! Cwm is there and you can flash stuff :)

thank ya thank ya working great!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones