• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

should I root or not

Update on my rooting! So since regaw method did not work for me I did the Unrevoked download. Got superuser permissions, downloaded titanium backup and rom manager premium. Did clockwork recovery then rebooted into recovery. Did a nandroid and then rebooted. Now my question is, where should I go from there? Just would like a little reassurance! Thanks again for all your help! :)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Congrats on finally rooting!!!

Nandroid, Nandroid, NANDROID... get yourself in a habit with any changes, or flashing of anything (not just ROM's, anything you flash)

Where to go? The sky is the limit. Try several ROM's and get a feel for which kind you like. Fresh's ROM's are close to stock with the Sprint Bloat gone, once you get your feet wet, then you can go for some OC and other ROM's that might need "work" if you will.

If you have questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones