1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

should i sell my iphone?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by =KLRS=ZERO, Dec 10, 2010.

1. =KLRS=ZERO

=KLRS=ZERO Android Enthusiast

I just got offered $400 on Gazelle.com to trade in my iphone 4. should i trade it in for the nexus s? i really want a new android phone but want some opinions first.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. trav2001

trav2001 Android Enthusiast

Well I've played with the iPhone 4 and I find it to be a very solid device. $400 isn't bad for the offer...But I am a HUGE fan of Android the ability to customize the phone the way I want to. But ultimately it's up to you.

Have you ever played around with an Android device?

3. =KLRS=ZERO

Yes I had a behold 2 for a while. I really love messing around with rooms and really knowing how my phone works.

4. parker731

parker731 Lurker

I am in the same boat. I really want the Nexus S. If they officially supported the ATT 3G bands I would jump on it instantly. I am hoping Samsung included the support like they did with the Vibrant. Fingers crossed.

5. =KLRS=ZERO

im on wifi most of the time, and when im not ,i dont do much that requires a lot of data. so i might be fine on edge.

6. clutchy

clutchy Well-Known Member

my original nexus one was a t-mob variant and i thought i'd be ok with it, but really i wasn't. The att version came out w/i my return window so i exchanged it. I don't think i could go back to edge.

check ebay prices. i would think $400 for a used iphone 4 to be on the low side.

7. frenzy757

frenzy757 Well-Known Member

selling the IP4 and switching to android is your choice...however, you can probably get more than $400 I would imagine.

8. VMX

VMX Well-Known Member

$400? I got an offer of $150 for my nexus one? WTF?

9. frenzy757

IP4 is newer than the N1 and its an Iphone...more people want those than N1s...no one probably even knows what an N1 is, but a lot of people know what the iphone is

10. Smokexz

Smokexz Newbie

Just wait, you will be crying after the Nexus S is released with AT&T bands. The future will be all 3g, T-Mobile has the idea that backwards compatible networks are more efficient than next gen networks. It still offers benefits of 3g, while still providing that "4g". You will be on a trip to Orlando and lose track of where you are going, Google maps can't render anything over edge, so you will be regretting your decision.

11. frenzy757

If you stay on the route of GPS you can still use it without data...just need it at the start of the journey...

also with Maps 5.0 (or whatever number they are on) they have offline rendering so thats not a HUGE concern anymore.

2FR35H likes this.
  12. XM_JDM

XM_JDM Well-Known Member

400 seems too low. I sold my iPhone 4 on Craigslist this past Sunday so I could get the Nexus S and I made 550. Most of the iPhone 4's I have seen are in that ballpark range.

13. =KLRS=ZERO

are you switching to T-mobile or staying with AT&T and EDGE?

Nexus S Forum

The Nexus S release date was December 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

December 2010
Release Date
Reviews