• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Should I Switch To Amon Ra?

Ok I'm in recovery, the text is lime green on a black background, when I look into my zip file the only clue I see is the clockwork mod, and on the main recovery screen, at the bottom, it says "Build : RA-supersonic-v2.3

The softkeys aren't doing anything like was described earlier in the thread.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I've seen recovery SS posted in these forums, how could it not be possible?

It is possible but not within the phone. There is a visual version of ADB that will show you the screen on your pc and allow you to take a "ScreenShot" from there. I can find the link for it if you would like to take a look. Unless you are going to get into mods and theming though, you will likely not use ADB for much.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
the one in your link

Does it look like this?

AmonRA311.png

Reactions: mikem0269
Upvote 0
I have been using Amon since I rooted 17 months ago. Never had a problem with it. I do like the use of the buttons on the screen rather than the rockers for select and the power button. That was the only reason I upgraded to 3.08 and now 3.11. I rarely backup my phone any more. I just keep a copy of MikG on my card in case I have issues so I can flash it over my current setup.....which is also MikG. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones