• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Should I Switch To Amon Ra?

you hear what it did to Ocn's phone?

I am going to give that one a wide berth for a while...

Ocn is not the only one...some were bricked. No twrp for me when we have a flawless recovery as it is. Absolutely no good reason to run something other than ra considering how crucial recovery is on a rooted android device.

Upvote 0
Does it look like this?

AmonRA311.png

Yeah, it looks just like that. I did the nandroid whilst flashing a new kernel last night and I thought I was stuch in recovery cause it wasn't giving me an option to go back to the main menu. I was so close to starting a panic thread until my kitten jumped on the screen and pawed the back button. Super cool!

Upvote 0
Has anyone noticed that 3.11 doesn't restore correctly? Every time I restored a rom it's slower than before. I wipe everything (except sdcard) before I restore and it still cranks out a slow rom. I even backed up a rom with 3.11 just to restore it after the back up and it runs slower. I'm concern because my phone has developed a clicking noise once the splash screen starts. Everything starts up fine but it makes that noise now. If anyone has experienced the same issue please let me know a solution because I haven't found anything related to this issue.

Upvote 0
Has anyone noticed that 3.11 doesn't restore correctly? Every time I restored a rom it's slower than before. I wipe everything (except sdcard) before I restore and it still cranks out a slow rom. I even backed up a rom with 3.11 just to restore it after the back up and it runs slower. I'm concern because my phone has developed a clicking noise once the splash screen starts. Everything starts up fine but it makes that noise now. If anyone has experienced the same issue please let me know a solution because I haven't found anything related to this issue.

never heard of noises for the splashscreen. weird. well i learned the hard way with trying other recoveries. you might want to give amon ra2.3 a try if you have not already.

Upvote 0
never heard of noises for the splashscreen. weird. well i learned the hard way with trying other recoveries. you might want to give amon ra2.3 a try if you have not already.

Yeah, I went from amon ra 2.3 to 3.11 a couple of weeks ago but I think I'm switching back to 2.3 now. I read that story about switching recoveries and man I think I would soil myself if that ever happened to my evo.

Upvote 0

I use 3.06, but I have had that clicking noise on my phone for a while. I always just figured it was the phone checking it's hardware and software and that it might be the camera being checked by the system. But I don't have a problem with 3.06 I think its my favorite version of the recovery.

Reactions: AndroidSerpent
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones