1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Should I take my phone into Verizon?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by goatsebear, Mar 30, 2011.

1. goatsebear

goatsebear Lurker
    None

Jul 21, 2010
    So lately, seemingly right after the last update, my eris started to only receive texts in bunches and very randomly. Then I wasn't getting phone calls from anyone.

I did a hard reset last night on my phone and the problems are sort of better now. Texting still is slow to receive but I get calls. But just now, I tried to make a phone call and I get a message from Verizon saying they cannot authenticate my phone. I call the number they give, and a person did something which they said would fix the problem.

That worked for a bit, but its happening again. Should I make the drive out to Verizon and see what's up? The phone is no longer under warranty or anything like that.

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. doogald

doogald Android Expert

Jan 7, 2010
    It won't hurt. The worst they will tell you is that there is something wrong that requires a new phone. It's not like they will keep it and make you get another. But, best case is that there is some setting on the phone that can be flipped and you'll be all set, and that's a lot easier to work with for a technician directly rather than when talking to you over the phone.

If you want to think about rooting it, there are a lot of us who can help you through that as well.