• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Should I take the offer?

M

Member243850

I have been seriously wondering if this is a good idea or not... do you guys think I should take the cash / job offer?

I got a massive job offer and I am struggling to say no as it's one of those lovely offers. Doesn't always come round such big offers like this...

I am wondering what to do here as I am going to get paid a lot of money you see... I could very easily retire after these next 5 years...

However I will only do it if I get paid in Dollars and in a foreign bank account that is far out of reach of the corrupt mess we have in power now - I don't mind if my rate is a bit lower than first worlders with the same qualifications as I do ... I am used to it lol (I didn't know my skills were paid so much more over seas! haha) but might negotiate a higher rate which is much closer to the developed world (1st world) but don't mind if I don' get it I am still very happy to get paid very well :)

What do you guys say?

I am very tempted to take it as when I immigrate I won't have to worry about any financial issues at all it will all be very happily covered might even buy a few properties to rent out and never ever have to work again haha. :)

Oh yes this is quite important - I also wanted to say sorry to those I have yelled at on the forums - my stressful work environment hasn't made me the most nicest person as of somewhat recently - so I do sincerely apologize as I should work on being a nicer / better person, and sometimes the insane heat and pressure just gets to me at times but I should never let it spill into other areas and make good people that I have been very kind to me upset. So not too proud of myself at times as nobody likes an agro monkey yelling like a madman as if another major dead line has been missed.

People don't want to see that so I do apologize ;(

Sometimes I need to work on that big time or I will have even fewer friends!

So what do yo think - should I take the offer?

I think it will take a while for them to start stealing everything and going really crazy only once the corruption has gone like insanely out of control like Zimbabwe then yes I will leave but until then if my money is in Dollars in a foreign bank account out of their reach I don't really mind.

Scary to "live" like this isn't it?

I am definitely going to immigrate there is no doubt about it but for now I must gain wealth first :)

Also if I immigrate and there is no work where I am going for me - then what?

Just because I am rare doesn't mean I should be foolish and believe there will be work for me instantly. Might take a while to get some work. Depends on what is going on in the economy you see.

So it would be very wise to gather wealth first I believe.

:)

What say you?

If it's as bad as you say in SA, then I'd be looking to get out of there sooner, rather than later. So taking a 5 year contract doesn't really fit in with that. A lot can happen in 5 years, the economy could go up in smoke, social unrest, violence. Who knows where it could lead.
If I were you, based on what you say, I'd be putting all my effort into securing alternative employment in another country.

Upvote 0
I can't understand what the problem is. You put here many words, but there no description of problems with offer.
In any case if you ask us about so sensitive question the answer is "NO". You already made decision by your heart.
Please remember if your heart is against this is final point. You can't go against yourself, like car without engine.
So the answer Say NO to this job offer.

Reactions: Member243850
Upvote 0
Yes it is indeed a very difficult decision indeed that's why I need to think very carefully. :)

It's sad that I even have to think about it deeply I shouldn't have to worry about what is going to happen but that sadly is a fact of life.

Well yes the economy could go to hell in those 5 years but as long as I am being paid in dollars into a foreign bank account out their reach I will be quite happy but yes violence and unrest could get scary if it gets out of hand.

I am going to have to give this deep thought and see where it goes.

I also have a lot of uber / gasify cars I own here I employ about 10 people to drive for me earning a lot of extra money on he side so I would like to go to a city where uber also has the same offering here so I can buy some cars and start renting them out to drivers as well.

The uber side business makes a good 8000 $ (approx) extra for me per month so it would be nice to have this in the town / city I immigrate too. And I always put dash cams and gps tracking in all my cars for extra safety and peace of mind. I want to buy uber / taxify cars and start employing people in the new country / town I go to but that will just take some research to see if the same is on offer there but it is an important factor as well to see how well it is doing in the new country / town ect or if it even exists.

I am also wondering if I should sell my cars now before they become worthless here if the economy goes really bat shit crazy.

But yes you are right it is an extremely difficult decision to make.

But I am going to kick myself if they struggle to even amend the constitution and it takes a much longer then I will regret my decision because I could have made a lot of money on the side before immigrating :/

God damnit I hate this gubbermint. I should not even have to be on the fence like this.

You are very correct @LV426 buddy I don't want things to start going crazy then I will regret not leaving sooner but I will regret it if I left and it everything went smoothly and the law did not even get properly passed :/

Damn this is a very tough decision for me right now.

Thank you for your help guys. :)

Tough choice!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones