• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Should I think about putting a fork in my Tab?

A.Nonymous

Extreme Android User
Jun 7, 2010
I've got a 7" Tab that I got when Woot had them many, many months ago. Lately, it's been having a hard time holding a charge and I fear the end is near for the battery. In just a couple of hours tonight of basically sitting there not being used it went from 100% to 80%. I'm wondering if this coupled with the fact that it's nearly a year old hardware means that I should be considering ditching it while it still works and getting another 7" inch tablet of some kind. Any thoughts or recommendations?

I've got a 7" Tab that I got when Woot had them many, many months ago. Lately, it's been having a hard time holding a charge and I fear the end is near for the battery. In just a couple of hours tonight of basically sitting there not being used it went from 100% to 80%. I'm wondering if this coupled with the fact that it's nearly a year old hardware means that I should be considering ditching it while it still works and getting another 7" inch tablet of some kind. Any thoughts or recommendations?

I wonder if you've made a change in app/widget configuration, or installed something that's at the battery hog trough more than you're used to.

I had that happen twice, once with "HeyWire," a paid messaging app for wifi, and earlier on "WeatherBugElite," a huge resource draining app when configured to update at anything more often than 60 minute intervals.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones