1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Should I try to have my phone repaired?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by vienna123, Aug 15, 2012.

1. vienna123

vienna123 Lurker

Hello,
    I was out running with my SGS2 in a neoprene armband a while ago and somehow sweat worked its way into the phone. I only realized this sometime later. I opened it up and dried it out as best I could. There was moisture under the sim card and in the battery contacts. Now the phone seems to shut itself off at random times. It is as if it goes to sleep and pressing the home key does not wake it. In that condition none of the buttons are responsive. If I take the battery out and then put it back the phone comes alive. The battery life has also been ruined. Even a brand new battery lasts barely 6 hours (when I was getting about 30 hours previously). Also, the upper microphone no longer works.

Here's my question: does this sound like the sort of problem that could be repaired? I'm kicking myself for opting out of the 6 euros/month insurance.

At the very least this should serve as a cautionary tale to all those who use their smartphones to track their running.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jayo1972

jayo1972 Lurker

Hi there, i dropped my SGS2 in to the loo back in Feb mind and believe me it was only in there a fraction of a second but i did the whole taking it apart and dried it out for a week in the hot press and then it worked perfectly for about 5 months only for the internal lower mic to stop working. Now i have replaced it several times with a new mic and i get the same problem but then recently i reprogrammed the phone and for about a week the mic worked perfectly only for it to go again if maybe if you bring it to a store and have them look at it maybe the programming might be at fault now but dont bring it to the carriers store because once they see moister of any sort they wont touch it

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews