• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

should I update s3 to 4.3?

I have a stock Sprint GS3 never rooted, and am currently on Android 4.4.2. I don't see any bugs but then I don't dig very deeply into the device. When I went from 4.3 to 4.4, the phone seemed to change screens more smoothly, so I believe 4.4 was an improvement. I don't remember 4.3 having any problems either.

You said you received many bugs after the update. Which update? What kind of bugs were you seeing? Sometimes the bugs you might see are caused by some application that isn't compatible with the update. Uninstalling the app then re-installing it sometimes helps.

Upvote 0
I haven't update my s3 yet its running 4.1.2 and I have read on the Internet people complaining about bugs after updating to 4.3 like huge battery drain, lagging, wi-fi signal problem and many other. I just wanted to confirm if s3 is still getting these bugs.
Kitkat 4.4.2 hasn't released in Pakistan I think since I am getting updates of 4.3.

Upvote 0
I never had huge battery drain with 4.3. I think a lot of the people that had problems only had them because of some installed application on their phone that is conflicting with the update. Sometimes these problems can be cured by doing a factory reset after the update, or better yet, factory reset the phone before you do the update. But if you are not having any problems with 4.1.2, just stay there.

Reactions: nawrokrz and MT02
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones