1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Should I update the unused bloatware?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by HenryKrinkle, Oct 24, 2011.

1. HenryKrinkle

HenryKrinkle Well-Known Member
    None

May 25, 2010
    Just wondering if anyone has an opinion on whether one should update unused bloatware. My sense I'd that it couldn't hurt and might even help if there are some power related bugs corrected by the updates. I'll root eventually and remove them (just waiting for the GB fix) but wonder what,I should do in the meantime.

Advertisement

2. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic
    None

Jul 29, 2010
    FG
    If you are going to root I would suggest doing that first, then remove any unused bloatware and enjoy having a better phone. As for keeping the bloatware on the phone and wondering if an update will help or hinder it I am up in the air with that. I would think you could uninstall updates if they made the phone worse but I havn't ran a non-rooted phone in a good bit so I can't say for certian.

HenryKrinkle likes this.
  3. PoweredByLE5

PoweredByLE5 Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 27, 2009
    NYC
    i've been debating this myself ONLY because there seems to be a glitch with the market where it seems to "forget" that u unchecked auto update and then automatically at random starts updating all the bloatware. It's starting to get really annoying now.

HenryKrinkle likes this.
  4. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest
    None
    If you can't uninstall it via rooting then I'd say you may consider updating the software. Sometimes the software updates are security updates where the manufacturer has discovered a security vulnerability.

HenryKrinkle likes this.
  5. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic
    None

Jul 29, 2010
    FG

If permissions change you have to manually update regardless of if you checked the auto update box

HenryKrinkle likes this.