• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

should i upgrade my 1st gen moto x ???

• Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date
A

Android Question

I have the 1st gen moto x and love the size. I see sony z3 compact rumored to be coming October 9 to Verizon. I also checked out the Samsung galaxy alpha. the new moto x is feeling just too big for me.

thoughts?
im leaning towards waiting for the z3 compact, but would appreciate some advice.

thanks in advance for your help.

I have the 1st gen moto x and love the size. I see sony z3 compact rumored to be coming October 9 to Verizon. I also checked out the Samsung galaxy alpha. the new moto x is feeling just too big for me.

thoughts?
im leaning towards waiting for the z3 compact, but would appreciate some advice.

thanks in advance for your help.

I haven't owned any of the phones mentioned & would suggest hanging on to the MOTO X if,other than it not being the new kid on the block & it serves you well.

However,you've probably posted the question because you are in the market for a comparably-sized phone.

I was in an AT&T store the other day & took a look at all their phones,including the SAMSUNG GALAXY ALPHA.

It seems to meet your criteria & seemed/felt like a premium handset.

However,if you're not in too big of a hurry you may want to wait until SONY makes a scheduled press release/conference on OCTOBER 9,when they are expected to announce US carrier availability of the Z3 & Z3 Compact.

Sony Xperia Z3 Release Date: Z3 Compact US, UK, India Release Date Rumors Round Up, Specs, Details

Sony Xperia Z3 Coming To U.S. On October 9: T-Mobile Confirms Selling While Verizon Model Still Unknown - International Business Times

This item from VZW seems to indicate at least an interest in carrying the Z3 Compact:

Sony shows off the Xperia Z3 Compact, a smaller flagship phone with the same killer specs - MyVerizon.com

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones