• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Should I Upgrade? Note 4 to LG V20?

azolnierek

Oct 28, 2016
I'm considering upgrading from my Note 4, which I've had for about one and a half years, to the LG V20. The reason I like the Note 4 is because of its long battery life, good software (I'm one of the few who actually likes Touchwiz and Samsung Apps), the large screen, and especially because of the removable battery. Now, the LG V20 seems to have all of those things (minus Touchwiz of course). My Note 4 still functions well, aside from the battery which I will soon replace should I not upgrade.

Anyone with the Note 4 and/or V20, any ideas? Is the V20 as good as it seems? Worth an early upgrade, or not?

Hardware, the v20 is much better. I owned a note 4 to note 7 and now the v20.

Worth an upgarde? If you can live without the SPEN and any of the samsung apps, then you'd like this device. You'll get used to the power/fingerprint button in the back. There is also a removable battery if it's a factor.

Reactions: lvt
Upvote 0
Hardware, the v20 is much better. I owned a note 4 to note 7 and now the v20.

Worth an upgarde? If you can live without the SPEN and any of the samsung apps, then you'd like this device. You'll get used to the power/fingerprint button in the back. There is also a removable battery if it's a factor.

One other thing you should know is that there is no led light so no blinking light period, not even when it's charging. The 2nd screen on the V20 is where all your notifications show but only briefly. You are also limited to apps in the play store. I have a few I tried to reinstall on the V20 and they showed installing and the app icon is there but it doesn't work. I too came from the Note 7 so it's not easy and it will take some getting use to but it is nice phone and had some really cool features.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones