1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Should I upgrade to ICS (either vanilla or touchwiz version)?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mystvearn, Apr 14, 2012.

1. mystvearn

mystvearn Android Enthusiast

My sgs2 warranty will end in a month's time and never rooted since i don't want to void the warranty. I'm quite satisfied with the current touchwiz and not sure should I upgrade or not.

Things I use from Samsung/touchwiz on current phone:
    1. Email clients: Microsoft exchange, yahoo mail, gmail, hotmail (though I need an external app for hotmail since the social hub does not seem to work). Will ICS support tons of email clients natively like the social hub?

2. Kies Air, sometimes Kies desktop if I need to transfer tons of files. For some weird reason, the wifi cuts off after 10 mins when I'm transferring huge amounts of data. I can replace Kies desktop with MyphoneExplorer. I'm not sure if I can replace Kies Air if go vanilla.

3. Samsung Apps app- I use this to get free games. I think I got few games for free compared to android market.

4. Swype.

I've heard that the official ICS no longer has support for vlingo when you double tap the home button. Is this true? Vlingo is nice and could be useful in driving. I've also heard there are some problems with battery and app compatibility for the official ICS and people flashing back to gingerbread.

Thank you for the feedback.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews