• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Should I upgrade??

peterc10

Android Enthusiast
Jan 10, 2010
UK
Hi everybody. I have not been on this forum for a while due to be being busy, so I apologise if my questions have been asked lately. I did have a look but couldn't find definitive answers.

I have an unrooted Sensation and I did not upgrade to ICS when it first came out after reading about other people's problems with it. I am still getting the update reminder every time I switch the phone on. I now have an Asus Tablet as well, which was running ICS and is now running Jelly Bean, and I like both of them more than Gingerbread - they are much quicker and slicker.

So should I update my Sensation to ICS? Have the problems been solved and if not what still remain please? Will we ever get a further upgrade from ICS or Jelly Bean, or is ICS the last one?

Many thanks in advance for any answers you can give me.

It's a reasonable question, but according to this forum the answer is probably no...when based on all the issues some users are still having.

I have a stock Vodafone Sensation with ics and I am totally happy. I prefer the ics look and system improvements especially 'usage' and being able to "disable" even native pre loaded apps....although other than these plus points, I havent round much of an advantage in the upgrade otherwise.

It isn't reversible so I would suggest that if you are happy where you are, stay there.

Personally I haven't had any problems with ics, other than the same battery drainage issues...

The choose s yours.

Reactions: peterc10
Upvote 0
Thanks for that. I have read through the problems that some have had with ICS, but of course when you have problems you are MUCH more likely to post than went you do not. Hence my question and wanting to gauge whether or not most people have had these reported problems.

As I said I like the ICS I had on my tablet (and now the Jelly Bean), so my leaning is towards risking it if I think the chances of problems are low.

Anybody else had no problems please?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones