• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Should i use WireFly?

tapgamer

Jul 30, 2010
Hi everyone! My mom and i are thinking about getting a Droid X (mine) and an Incredible (hers). But were looking for the cheapest alternative to Verizon, with Wirefly we get $30 per phone off our next bill and cheaper prices. We have upgrades available and she plans on adding another line for her work. If something happens to the phone how do we get a replacement? Through Wirefly i imagine right? So is it worth to do it through them because i heard some bad things happening where people couldn't get it activated, although that was a completely new plan on Verizon. Ok thanks in advanced!

I used Wirefly to get an Eris six months ago. I didn't realize they have their own early termination fee where if you change anything on your account in 6 months you get charged. I got a really goo deal, so I kept my phone, but was bummed because I wanted to sell it to get an Incredible, but couldn't. As long as you know you will be happy with your phone and plan for six months they are fine.

Reactions: GrandMasterB
Upvote 0
I was VERY skeptical when I ordered my first Dinc two weeks ago. Only because I didn't get much initial response about Wirefly when I asked around. Since then I have pursuaded four other people to order their phones (all droids!) from that site. I even ordered my fiancee's Dinc from Wirefly last week.

The site says "ships in 5-7 days" but you will have it in your hands in 3 days from order. The sales reps are in India and a little difficult to communicate clearly when it comes to sharing your information (billing, address, etc.) and in the beginning they are a little pushy trying to sell some extra services/accessories. But they are very nice and just tell them you're only interested in purchasing the device and keeping your plan the way it is. In the end, it's a very small price to pay for getting such a great deal on a phone.

Also, there is a rep here on the Forums (I think is member name is Wirefly) and he is really helpful. If you have any questions he'll hit you up with a response very quickly.

Upvote 0
No, I suggest going through Verizon online directly and using the $30 off coupons/per phone if they're still floating around out there. You also get free overnight shipping and a 2gb card included - when they ship out. It's easier to deal w/ Verizon directly in the case something goes wrong or you need to swap your phone out than it is to deal w/ someone like wirefly who has the tiny print that no one reads, which can screw you over. Not worth saving $50 or so in my opinion.

Upvote 0
Hi everyone! My mom and i are thinking about getting a Droid X (mine) and an Incredible (hers). But were looking for the cheapest alternative to Verizon, with Wirefly we get $30 per phone off our next bill and cheaper prices. We have upgrades available and she plans on adding another line for her work. If something happens to the phone how do we get a replacement? Through Wirefly i imagine right? So is it worth to do it through them because i heard some bad things happening where people couldn't get it activated, although that was a completely new plan on Verizon. Ok thanks in advanced!

We have a 30 day Satisfaction Gaurantee that will allow you to swap it for another model OR refund 100% of your purchase price (excluding shipping and processing fees). Please refer to our site http://www.wirefly.com/about/guarantee to get all the info on our gaurantee. After that, the carrier stores can assist you with equipment exchanges due to defective equipment.

Upvote 0
We have a 30 day Satisfaction Gaurantee that will allow you to swap it for another model OR refund 100% of your purchase price (excluding shipping and processing fees). Please refer to our site http://www.wirefly.com/about/guarantee to get all the info on our gaurantee. After that, the carrier stores can assist you with equipment exchanges due to defective equipment.

Thanks for the reply, although your link is bad. Wirefly used to have a strict 30 minutes of usage return policy. It is my understanding that the usage policy has since been eliminated, this is good news. I was unable to find that information on your site. I was also unable to find a definition of the "processing fees" mentioned in the return policy. Can you provide more information?

Thanks,
GMB

Also just to clarify to the OP you have 14 days under the Wirefly "30 day Satisfaction Guarantee" to initiate a return.

Upvote 0
I have had good experiences with Wirefly. The only things you need to be sure to do is pay attention to the part about the 180 days and be sure to send in any rebates. Things should go quite smoothly. I once ordered 25 phones for work and had zero problems. I must say that I was relieved. Good luck.

Upvote 0
No, I suggest going through Verizon online directly and using the $30 off coupons/per phone if they're still floating around out there. You also get free overnight shipping and a 2gb card included - when they ship out. It's easier to deal w/ Verizon directly in the case something goes wrong or you need to swap your phone out than it is to deal w/ someone like wirefly who has the tiny print that no one reads, which can screw you over. Not worth saving $50 or so in my opinion.

You can buy your phone at wirefly and get the same insurance that you'd get from a Verizon store. Once you have the phone, you just need to call Assurion and they'll set it up. The wirefly insurance doesn't cover water damage, although it also doesn't have a deductible....

Upvote 0
Also, make sure that if you need to make ANY changes to your plan, you go through them. Otherwise, you're breaking your contract. As long as you plan on keeping the phones for at least the 180 days, pay your bill on time, and leave your plan as is, it's all good.
Not true. You can make changes through Verizon. You can go to the Verizon store for warranty issues as well. Just don't disconnect within the first six months, and don't downgrade your plan to below the level that was required at the time of purchase. That's the only thing that would cause Verizon to pull Wirefly's commission. In other words, don't cancel the data feature (Verizon won't let you anymore anyway), and if Wirefly required a $59 plan at the time of purchase, don't take the deal then downgrade to the $39 plan (at least not in the first six months).

Upvote 0
I used wirefly for my wifes new phone she wanted an android phone once she saw mine I contacted Verizon and they wanted 50.00 plus activation and a delay. on msn a wirefly ad popped up about free droids. clicked on it and there next to it was an ally for her ordered it for free, free activation probably the most accurate processing info I have ever seen and it was here in 2 days with basic delivery. That was a huge savings and now she has a nice phone for what she uses it for... finding me quickly when she has her panic attacks and keeping in touch with her friends.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones